Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 R6 and I was just wondering if I had to run premium or if I could run regular unleaded. The last gas station I was at I desperately needed gas and they didn't have premium so i used unleaded. Was this ok or no?

·
Faster than you!
782 Posts
I have a 2000 R6 and I was just wondering if I had to run premium or if I could run regular unleaded. The last gas station I was at I desperately needed gas and they didn't have premium so i used unleaded. Was this ok or no?

Premium = Unleaded (91 Octane)
Midgrade = Unleaded (89 Octane)
Regular = Unleaded (87 Octane)

Which one did you put in? All gas is unleaded....depends on the octane. You should run premium (91 octane or higher)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was 87. I thought that since my bike was injected I had heard people say you COULD do it, but it just wasn't recomended. Do I need to go pick up some octane booster before I ride again?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was 87. I thought that since my bike was injected I had heard people say you COULD do it, but it just wasn't recomended. Do I need to go pick up some octane booster before I ride again?
I meant to say WASNT injected.....

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
there is a thread on this all ready.. owell just use Premium check the manual

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright but I have a full tank now of 87....Will going and picking up an octane booster work? I don't have a manual :(

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Alright but I have a full tank now of 87....Will going and picking up an octane booster work? I don't have a manual :(
You will be okay but I wouldn't recommend running that all the time...

They say 87 gives you more horsepower but I dont think so...

I use the highest I can find and Shell is the best gas hands down...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts