Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get a group ride organized to ride 33 in northern VA out to WV. I ran this twice last year and I am pretty familiar with the route. I am trying to see how many people I can get to do this. I plan on doing this next Sunday the 27th if the weather checks out and no rain.

Anyone else that doesn't mind the possible 40 degrees, please tag along! (They are calling for high 50's but I expect this to change a few times between now and then) :flex: I think it would be great to get a pre spring group ride going so let me know what you guys think. I live out of Richmond and plan on leaving early that morning to meet whoever comes up near 33. There is a pizza joint towards the end of the route that makes these bum ass pizza sub things.

Anyways let me know :YEA

Update: I have 4 for sure's and 3 possibles. Hopefully the weather turns out to be good.

Weather Update: as of 2/24/11 10:20am the weather shows sunny and mid 60's for 2/27/11 Ill keep everyone updated

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like the weather is going to be no rain and in the 60's :D but that will probably change a 100 times before friday of next week.

·
Wanderer
774 Posts
Put me down as a possible. Not sure how far it ia from NN Hampton area. Not reeally a concern though as long as 33 is nice ;P

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait... is that the route that goes through/by massanutten?
Im honestly not sure, I know that it starts by skyline drive and goes west into the Shenandoah valley

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey man I may be down for this! I live in Winchester so getting to 33 is pretty easy. Keep us all posted
Hey bro I live in Winchester too. We should ride sometime.

·
Registered
137 Posts
And that means you can come with him and join us on RT 33 :fact
If I can get my bike back together in time. Waiting for my rims and rearsets to get back from being powdercoated. My headers should be here at the end of next week. So as long as you give me a couple weeks to get stuff in line, then I'm probably game.

·
[]D[][]\/[][]D
170 Posts
Should be in +1 GF with the SV. I've got an annoying exhaust leak ive gotta fix before then.

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Should be in +1 GF with the SV. I've got an annoying exhaust leak ive gotta fix before then.
Awesome! Ill add ya to the list. I will also keep everyone up to date on the weather!

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I can get my bike back together in time. Waiting for my rims and rearsets to get back from being powdercoated. My headers should be here at the end of next week. So as long as you give me a couple weeks to get stuff in line, then I'm probably game.
Aight boss well we will be doing it next weekend but I know for sure this is not the only time I am doing this route this year. Being that I am single now and I dont have a fiance taking away all my fun I plan on being out alot this year on great routes like this!

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hell yeah bro! I'm always lookin for guys to ride with us in town, were abouts do you live
Well I live out of Richmond, But we are riding RT 33 which is by skyline drive outside of DC area out to WV, and a few guys are coming from all over lol where are you?

Edit: Welcome to the forums btw :wave

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
[]D[][]\/[][]D
170 Posts
come anyway, i dk how pblova rides, but on any ride ive been on ppl wait. My gf is a fast track rider but doesnt like the street so she usually just cruises as well, so I end up waiting for her usually.

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
come anyway, i dk how pblova rides, but on any ride ive been on ppl wait. My gf is a fast track rider but doesnt like the street so she usually just cruises as well, so I end up waiting for her usually.
Well that video isnt of any of us just a video I found off youtube. However I do ride hard last year I always pulled away from my brother and like SSLow I would just pull off and wait for him to catch up. Its really common because everyone rides at a different comfort level and in general everyone rides a different pace.

Ninja Edit: And yes please come! You aren't the only cruiser.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts