Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im new to this site. i dont know if i am posting this in the right page either. i have a 2002 yamaha r6 and i would like to upgrade my gauges to as new as possible like 05-07. can this be done and how hard is it to do? thanks everyone

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I'm pretty sure you are gonna need the whole wiring harness and all that shit. I don't think it's cheap or easy.. And since the newer bikes are fuel injected, it's not like the harness will even really work for you..

I could see going full custom being easier. Like an aftermarket tach running off the negative side of the +1 coil, and maybe an aftermarket digital speedo to go with it.

Maybe send your stock unit out to bluegauges or something and have them spice that shit up a bit!?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn that sucks i thoughtit would be easy to do. yea i guess then the easier thing to do would be like what u said spice it up a little bit by maybe change the bulb backround colors or something like that. what did u do to your gauges?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
damn that sucks i thoughtit would be easy to do. yea i guess then the easier thing to do would be like what u said spice it up a little bit by maybe change the bulb backround colors or something like that. what did u do to your gauges?
Mine are just stock, but I've seen people do some cool stuff with it. That bluegaues.com will make it look like indiglo.. Lol, I know that's such an old school term but whatever!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts