Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First timer on the forum so forgive me if this isnt posted in the right area.
I bought a 2007 R6 this fall. There would be some rare occasions where the gauge cluster would turn off while riding. No speed, time, engine temp, and the tach always froze on 6k rpm. All the indicators still worked (neutral, brights, gas light, etc). The display would eventually come back on though. Recently this happened and the display hasn't come back on. My guess is it would be a wire problem but curious if anyone else has ever had a similar issue.

I doubt its related but the bike has also shut off while down shifting. This is rare and may only happen once in a few days of riding but its as soon as I take in the clutch. Someone had commented that my bike was idling low--around 1200 rpm. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2008 cluster did a similar thing last month. I just disconnected the battery for a few minutes and it's been working fine ever since. I wish I knew what caused it, but this will have to do for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response LNCHBOX, I just tried unplugging the battery, left it disconnected for about 20 minutes and reconnected it. Unfortunately no difference. I may have to strip the bike down and check it from end to end. Thanks for the feedback though and hopefully yours continues to work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.