Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know he had been lately on R1-Forum, but from this t-shirt, he was here too, maybe before.

From other forum (floridasportbikers.com), JPWARRIOR said:

"Prayers needed please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not an overly religious person and often doubt the power of prayer but I'm asking if you could, say a paryer for my friend Chad (Gawarrior) who is in the fight of his life.
He sustained a back injury while riding his MC on a dirt track this past week at the R1 convention at the Gap. It was a miracle he didn't get paralyzed. He underwent surgery Satruday morning (4 days after his accident) to get three vertebrae fused. All seemed good and like he was back on his feet Sunday.
Moday afternoon, he passed clots to his lungs and went into cardiac arrest. They performed surgery to remove the clots from his lungs but a CT revealed more in his legs. While in surgery he coded once more, and has since coded and had a stroke. He's in a Coma now and on full life support.

Chad was a control rider for the FSB/R1 Elviswarriortrackday. He has a heart the size of GA and is a genuine guy. Speking with a southern drawl you always feel at ease. He's fiercely competitive, yet goofy about it. He can ride the sh1t out of anything on two wheels.

He needs help and I have nowhere to turn. There are literally hundreds of people that are deeply affected by this. If you have a moment I humbly emplore you to say a lil prayer for Chad, his family, and his friends.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...236581&page=24

With my deepest gratitude,"

No much time later:

"Chad passed at 1:30pm today, I will miss him greatly"

Rest in peace.

Attachments

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
godspeed chad

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
Damn that's horrible to hear. Prayers are out to the family.

·
12,482 Posts
R - ride
I - In
P - Paradise

:(

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
sucks bro really does, condolenes to him and his family,

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that... I offer my prayers and condolences to him and his family... May he rest in peace...

·
Registered
428 Posts
man this sucks.. I didn't know him, but i've heard quite a bit about him recently so he must've been a good guy.. thoughts are with his family and friends.. RIP..

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Rest in Peace Chad.

I didn't know him but a lot of people on this board and on the FZ1 board knew him and he touched a lot of lives positively.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
r.i.p

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
I can't really describe how I feel about this whole thing right now. But what I can say is Chad was a beautiful human being who if you met him made you feel like his best friend and brother. He was perhaps one of the most positive individuals I've ever met. Even in the hospital Chad told us to stay positive. You hardly ever seen Chad without a smile. He had a big deep voice with a deep southern accent draw I will never forget. Chad was the type of person who helped anyone who needed help. Chad was probably the best rider on the forum, and shared his knowledge of bikes freely with anyone who asked.

Chad, I will truly miss you brother. You were more than a friend to me, you were part of my family. I understand that you needed to ride ahead of us all in the big ride, being as you were the fastest, so that you will help us all make our journey when the time comes. Thanks for everything you ever shared or done for me. May God bless your soul and bless you for eternity.

God speed my friend.

RIP Charles Douglas Clifton (1974 - 2008) - AKA Chad the GAWarrior. TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
It's always so sad to hear about a fellow riders passing...
My heart goes out to his family and friends that knew him better than I did, at least it happened doing what he loved rather than something stupid like gettin hit by a drunk driver...
R.I.P. buddy...You'll be in my prayers

·
Healed.
1,084 Posts
From what I've been reading, I wish I had the chance to have met him. My prayers go out to all his friends and family and may God bless him.

·
Motorcycle Drive By
791 Posts
RIP Chad. Always tough to see a good rider go

1 - 20 of 26 Posts