Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Vendor
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RidersDiscount.com now carries GB Racing components! Designed and manufactured in the UK, GB Racing has become recognized for employing excellent engineering capabilities to create bolt-on motorcycle crash protection products. The FIM-approved components are manufactured using injection molded engineering-grade long glass filled nylon 6.6 (LGFN 60%). This material offers excellent impact resistance when compared to other machined plastics. In fact, injection molded LGFN 60% has 4.6x greater tensile strength and 6x greater impact strength when compared to Delrin motorcycle parts! All secondary case covers come with A2 stainless steel socket cap bolts and Class 12.8 steel hex head bolts. The 12.8 hex head bolts are bright zinc plated and then de-embrittled to reduce the likelihood of bolt sheering. A2 stainless steel socket cap bolts were chosen for use in GB Racing frame sliders for the material’s excellent elastic modulus, meaning they are more likely to bend instead of just breaking in a crash. This choice of hardware ensures the protective equipment will stay in place when they are called into duty.

As you can see, GB Racing is an engineering company that’s passionate about motorcycle parts! These physical properties lend themselves well to motorcycle crash protection and their implication in GB Racing products has brought the company much notoriety in European racing leagues. Every GB racing component starts life on a computer using 3D CAD/CAM modeling to render close-fitting parts that require few, if any modifications to your motorcycle to install.

GB Racing Protection bundles includes select components for your motorcycle to help reduce the likelihood of damage in a crash. All required hardware is included with every piece as well as clear installation instructions.

We have kits for all 2006-2012 Yamaha YZF-R6v models.

GB Racing parts are not yet available on our website, to order yours, call Brad at 866.931.6644 ext 810 or send an email to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with R6 GBRACING BUNDLE KIT in the subject line and please be sure to include the model and year of your motorcycle for accurate availability.

A typical GB Racing Protection Bundle includes: clutch cover, stator cover, ignition timing cover and shark guard, though the exact composition varies from model-to-model.

GB Racing clutch cover for YZF-R6v.

Swingarm stand spools are made with a combination of glass-filled nylon and CNC-machined bases.

Stator cover from GB Racing.

Notice the metal collets located at each mounting point. These are found on every GB Racing secondary case cover to ensure bolt stability and enhance crash resistance of the engine cover.

GB Racing secondary clutch cover also enhances protection of the clutch actuator arm on many motorcycles making it less likely to suffer a damaging blow in a crash.

A motorcycle shark guard is designed to prevent the rider from losing his or toes between the chain and the rear sprocket. It’s cheap insurance.

Some motorcycles come with bungs for attaching a shark guard, just use the included hardware to bolt it on to your bike. For bikes that do not include this component, a mounting bracket is included though you will have to drill and tap your swingarm to install this safety device.

GB Racing secondary engine covers are FIM-approved and can be found on some of the fastest motorcycle in the world. Shown here is the GB Racing-equipped RidersDiscount.com-sponsored Moto2 racer as ridden by wildcard Jason DiSalvo at the 2010 Indianapolis MotoGP round. If it’s good enough for Moto2, it’s good enough for anyone!

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
You get these for CBRs?

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Dagnabbit! If things go the way I hope they do I might need all this at the end if the month. How long I got? And how much for it all - less the shark fin?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
thats sexy protection. i dont think ive seen a (system) that is this inclusive. someone buy one and post pics so i can see it all on a bike. i have the grave cases but a complete system is very hot.

·
Vendor
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats sexy protection. i dont think ive seen a (system) that is this inclusive. someone buy one and post pics so i can see it all on a bike. i have the grave cases but a complete system is very hot.

I have sold a few of the kits for the R6. (We use the stuff on our Triumph and BMW currently).

Let me see if I can get someone to send some pics on the R6.

·
Vendor
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We've just updated the photos in the original post to show you exactly what the covers look like for YZF-R6v models. Hope this helps. :)

·
Out there riding..
374 Posts
TJ:

Pm price please for 2009 R6 kit, also minus the shark fin if kit can be purchased without it.

Any fairing mods required to install on current R6 that you're aware of?

Thanks!

Brian

·
Out there riding..
374 Posts
TJ:

GB Racing lists seperate parts for "stock kits" vs. "race kits". What is the difference between the two kits?

IE:
Part No: EC-R6-2008-SET-GBR
R6 STOCK ENGINE COVER SET

VS.

Part No: EC-R6-2008-SET-K-GBR
R6 RACE KIT ENGINE COVER SET
*NOTE: Designed for Kit Alternator Cover - To Bolt over the factory Kit Alternator

Even after inspection I can't determine the meaning of the note for the race kit...??

Are you distributing the "stock" kit or the "race" kit part number?

Thanks for the clarification. They seem to include the same stuff but I just don't get the difference between the two part numbers.

***Also, to save you some time, I found images of them attached to a 2008 R6 and posted them here for everyone to see what they look like mounted! Hope this saves you some time, TJ.****

Attachments

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
i would have so bought this system before i got the graves cases and the miltant motto bars. and other assorted sliders. this is nice. the fact that its black is extra cruncy.

·
Vendor
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
... GB Racing lists seperate parts for "stock kits" vs. "race kits". What is the difference between the two kits? ...

... Are you distributing the "stock" kit or the "race" kit part number? ...
We sell both the stock and race kit GB covers. The only difference between the stock kit and the race kit are the stator covers. This comes from the fact that the YEC kit stator comes with a different, smaller engine cover. Consequently, a different case saver needs to be manufactured to fit the part.

Hope that helps!

·
Out there riding..
374 Posts
Definitely send me a 3 piece engine cover set for a stock R6. Thanks TJ.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts