Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helmets... there are many to choose from, and Ive read that you have to try on many and find the best fit (one that fits nice and snug). Also I get the major drift that you should go out and buy a good quality helmet the first time around, rather than saving early and buying a cheaper on, then replacing it...

I had one question, what have you fellow R6 drivers heard of Suomy? How good are their products? Are they worthy of a 500-600 price tag ('Extreme' helmets)?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
You'll see MANY racers using suomy helmets bro. Pretty good stuff, never owned one myself though..

·
U.S. Marine
1,099 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have crashed on all the name branded helmets. All of them worth more than 500-600 even I only paid between 200+ to 300+. Find the best fit and be happy with it. Suomy just announce not supporting sell in USA. You may want to wait for the closeout sale. :)

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Find the high quality name brand that fits your head and stick with it. The manufacturers each have different head shapes for their helmets causing the different brands to fit differently.

Shoei, Arai, Suomy

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
I've heard as of a few days ago Suomy might be pulling out of the US market. FYI

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts

i love my suomy. I tried on Shoei and Arai, both were nice but loved the suomy designs. I got mine off ebay for 450.

·
My R6 eats bugs
253 Posts
ive got a suomy. like everyone else said find on the fits and buy it. remember its protecting the most valuable thing you got. so if you can afford it get it. there are alot of top tog helmet companies you just have to find the one that makes one to fit your head. if you want reviews go to youtube and type in helmet harbour or sportbiketrackgear.com. they give reviews pros and cons about helmets. so you can do your research before you even step foot out the door. you atleast go out informed so you can make a good decision as to which helmet you will choose. i love my suomy but like i stated earlier it may not fit your head so you may think differently. good luck with everything. post pics when you get you lid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts