Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got a new 2007 Yamaha R6s and i need some protective gear. So far i have an HJC helmet, and Yoshimura Gloves. I won't be taking the bike out to the track, so i only need gear for everyday travel. I live in Florida and it is usually very hot. What Jacket/Pants do you guys recommend for everyday use. I also would like some boots or shoes that cover my ankles. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
for the real hot days go for either a mesh jacket or better yet a leather jacket with zipper vents.

:moon:enforcer

·
Registered
330 Posts
Joe Rocket Reactor 2.0 jacket. It's $179 from kneedraggers.com and has leather in the impact areas (elbows, shoulders, forearms) and mesh everywhere else. In Kentucky it has been excellent (95 degrees) and offers some pretty solid projection without being too hot.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Icon Motorhead, about $350 retail but very nice fit ( at least for me) and great protection. They have them in 6 different colors so you can match your bike and ventilate very well. So long as I'm moving at a good pace, I stay pretty cool. Im in San Diego, so it can up up into the 90s without too much humidity. I got the black one, but I think the white or yellow would be substantially cooler.

You should be fine riding with just jeans. But if you want to wear jeans and still get some extra protection, you can buy armor that fits underneath. It kinda looks like stretchy pants with knee, waist, and ass protection.

The more gear you wear, the safer you'll be, you just want to make sure whatever you get its very comfortable so that you'll want to wear it. If you buy too much crap that gets too hot or restrictive, you'll end up leaving it at home and then you waste money and skin.

Most people I ride with just go for helmet and a jacket. A few less wear gloves. A few less than them wear boots. And I don't ride with anyone regularly that wears pants. I think that shares a direct relationship with how much of a hassle it is to carry all the extra gear with you when you go anywhere.

I personally think a good pair of boots kick ass though. I got the A* smx-2's, and they are amazingly comfortable and protective.

Spend a lot of money (wisely) on gear. Eventually you'll fall and you'll be happy you wore good stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts