Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My R6 moves me
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's making the best full faced helmet out there? Arai or Shoei trying to figure out who gives the most return on the dollar spent? Just asking for personal experiences with both ease of maintence, replacing visor,etc.Pro's and cons experienced.

·
My R6 moves me
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a bell now and i was looking and from all the reivews and what I like looks wise I keep coming back to those 2 brands what bell are you rolling with? I may have overlooked one of their's.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Had a nice little landing, thankfully, I managed to impact the ground with the most expensive piece of gear I was wearing. :rolleyes:

But yeah, yeah, I walked away with nothing but a decent headache, so it did its job. Love the fit of the Corsair V.

Attachments

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,459 Posts
Whatever fits you the best. I went from a Scorpion to a Shoei X11 to an Arai Corsair V. The important part is that they all fit my head.
There are so many high quality helmet manufacturers out there that you have to choose from. I think you get what you pay for to a certain extent but there are several manufacturers producing very nice helmets in the $300 range.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a AGV grid now and I love it. It's light, doesn't buffer too much and moves lots of air. Plus the visor is stupid easy to change. The helmet before was a icon. Although I think they have the best designs out there there are better helmets. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had the HJC RPS-10 and it withstood a crash (approx 25-30 mph, SUV changed lanes I to me on the freeway) where my head slammed into the pavement and I blacked out. I replaced it with the same model. The HJC has decent airflow, good aerodynamics and fits comfortably.

Next I'll be getting a Bell with the transition lense cuz I'd like to not have to carry around 2 lenses.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
I have a bell now and i was looking and from all the reivews and what I like looks wise I keep coming back to those 2 brands what bell are you rolling with? I may have overlooked one of their's.
i just bought 2 bell star airtrix helmets for this race season. i don't like the graphics, but they are carbon shell and they were on sale so there you go... :D

s3aturnr

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
I love Shoei, but I am now giving AGV a shot. So far the fit on the corsa is perfect like wearing an Rs-Taichi suit for your head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts