Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the r6 and am attempting to set it up for track use only, and am wondering about what size sprockets i should get. right now i'm at -1 up front and i believe a 47 tooth in the back (sprocket the previous owner had for stunting, and he said he's done a 520 conversion, whatever that means). any tips?

·
Registered
695 Posts
theres no set gearing for every track, it varies from track to track. generally unless your racing -1/+2 is good. what yr do you have because if its a 99-05,06-07r6s a 47 tooth is smaller.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's an '03. the track i'll be starting on is summit point, WVa, i'll probably do 3 or 4 trips there to get used to tracks before i look for anywhere else.

·
Registered
406 Posts
+1 to KylesR6, each track can change. I've seen from 0 to -2 on the front, 0 to +3 back around here for 03-05 R6s.

I run -1/+2. It's pretty good at Barber, probably could have went +3 at Roebling.

If you're going to be new to the track, I'd worry more about your skill set than ideal gearing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
On The 03 The Rear Sprocket Stock Is A 48. If Your Bike Is -1 In The Front And -1 (47)in The Back It Pretty Much Cancells Out Everything. Try -1 In The Front And +1 Or+2 In The Rear. Just Make Sure Your New Sprocket Is Also A 520. 520 Is A Smaller (lighter) Chain And Sprocket To Help Increse Horsepower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts