Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking, but I can't find the article in one of my mags, that has the mathematical calculations revolving around changing the gearing on your bike.

I know it's not super important, but does anyone know these calcs. off-hand? Or know of a online source that I can check out? Just a topic that came up tonight..., now it's bugging me.

I remember..., it tells you something like if you're doing 58mph @ 5000rpm with 16/48 gearing, you can determine your approx speed at the same rpm with a different ratio..., something like that - any help?

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Going from a 16/48 to a 15/50 = an 11.1% change.

I had a formula around here but can't find it now. If the speed calculator doesn't give you enough or the info you want call a Physics department of a local college and I'm sure they will help you out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info..., that chart is neat..., I just want to try to remember the basic calcs. for personal knowledge, but the chart is pretty cool. I'll keep looking..., I know there was a "reader feedback" or some sh*t, I think in Sport Rider, that had the calcs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts