Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard a couple different choices for gearing. Stay with stock front size and go up 2 in the rear, drop 1 in the front and stay stock in the rear or drop 1 in the front and go up 2 in the rear. All while going to a 520 convertion. Any ideas on whats the best or any recomendations? I have a 2000 R6 that has a full Yoshimura system, Ivans Jets and Factory Pro velocity stacks. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
110 Posts
15/50 seems to be popular and is what I'm going to go with. Its probably about as extreme as I'd go, anymore and I think it will be difficult to keep the front end down.

·
Registered
65 Posts
15/50. Going two up in the rear and stock in the front is not worth your time. One down in front is about the same as going 3 up in the back. 15/50 will give you the best pull when you twist the throttle for your money. And if you do all that do a 520 conversion. This will make spending your money worth while.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have heard that going smaller on the front causes the chain to wear more quickly because the radius is too small. My brother in law said his chain (RK Xring 520 on CBR F4) lasted less than 5000 miles when he did that. He doesn't stunt or do anything else that should cause above normal chain wear. Any input? I am wanting to do a 520 conversion and gear change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts