1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
bump it up .. was wondering the same thing

·
Registered
12 Posts
You guys can do what I am going to have done with my bike. I found a place that will remove the factory cover and install a high quality gel insert and cover it back over. Let me know if you want their web address.

·
Registered
89 Posts
^^^i would love to know the site...

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
You guys can do what I am going to have done with my bike. I found a place that will remove the factory cover and install a high quality gel insert and cover it back over. Let me know if you want their web address.
website please!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,532 Posts
Yamaha sells one for $200
But I made my own.

http://www.kemmlerproducts.com/
is where I got the gel material from

and I'm just goin to remove my old seat covers, take out a layer of the padding and put the gel in there instead and cover it back over with some luimoto seat covers I got from 1tail.com

·
Registered
56 Posts
You guys can do what I am going to have done with my bike. I found a place that will remove the factory cover and install a high quality gel insert and cover it back over. Let me know if you want their web address.[/QUO

I would also like the website please.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yamaha sells one for $200
But I made my own.

http://www.kemmlerproducts.com/
is where I got the gel material from

and I'm just goin to remove my old seat covers, take out a layer of the padding and put the gel in there instead and cover it back over with some luimoto seat covers I got from 1tail.com
I just ordered mine. Figure it will be here in a week or so, then im going to take my original seat cover off and i've heard that if you cut a little out so you actually set into the seat instead of just on top of it, it helps alot also. So before inserting the get and recovering im going to try to make a small indent where i sit. I'll let ya know how it goes.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,110 Posts
any recommendations on an 03-05, i've looked in to a few... but can anyone recommend any brands?

also does a gel make it thinner? i was also thinking about shaving my seat a bit

·
my R6 eats my wallet
627 Posts
I just ordered mine. Figure it will be here in a week or so, then im going to take my original seat cover off and i've heard that if you cut a little out so you actually set into the seat instead of just on top of it, it helps alot also. So before inserting the get and recovering im going to try to make a small indent where i sit. I'll let ya know how it goes.
has anyone done this mod?
how is it holding up?
im thinking of buying some material from
http://www.kemmlerproducts.com/products1.html
but i read somewhere that the 3/8 think gel is too hard.

does anyone know what would be best?
1/8 ? 1/4?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.