Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Im after some tips for making the r6 better for the occasional long ride (400kms or so) and with a pillion also.

For the time being, my buget limits me from buying a 'do it all' practical bike, as I already have a shed full of 2 stroke race bikes and a home deposit to save up for. So I figure I can make the R6 more touring friendly while still being able to keep it as a track weapon.

As the bike sits now, it is relatively stock with the only major mods being that the forks are dropped through with a set of (ebay) clip ons installed ontop of the triple clamps (stock is under the triples??) and the rear shock has been set which has stopped the headshakes/twitches that this model is renowned for.

Now, my ideas for comfort include:

-Installing seat gel pads (strap on type, or install them inside the seat, not sure which is best).

-Stomp grips on the tank to allow me to put less pressure on my wrists

-fully adjustable clip ons so I can get them higher without hitting the fairing... does anyone have experience with these on gen-1 r6's?
Currently my clip ons are as high as I can get, the choke lever hits the fairing, but with more adjustability I may be able to get around this?

That's all I want to do for now... is it worth the money?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The gel seat is good,I don't know about the clip-ons,A tall tank bag will help also if you are traveling.I would like to see some pics of the two strokes

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Running dirty bike bars?

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts