Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all,

I searched through the entire site, but didn't find a single thing pertaining to GenMar risers, so I'm having to start a thread hoping that you guys and gals could help.

What I am wondering, basically, is, whether or not the installation will require the modification (removal/replacement) of the brake and/or throttle lines (looks like the left handlebar will be okay, but the right lines look like they'll be a very tight fit, if it works at all without modification).

I do not have the risers yet, so I'm not exactly sure what all is supposed to be involved. Can someone who has already done this installation please provide some light? Thanks.

P.S.: The bike is an '02, and the riser part # is Y-120, which is supposed to be compatible with all R6 generations.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey, all,

I searched through the entire site, but didn't find a single thing pertaining to GenMar risers, so I'm having to start a thread hoping that you guys and gals could help.

What I am wondering, basically, is, whether or not the installation will require the modification (removal/replacement) of the brake and/or throttle lines (looks like the left handlebar will be okay, but the right lines look like they'll be a very tight fit, if it works at all without modification).

I do not have the risers yet, so I'm not exactly sure what all is supposed to be involved. Can someone who has already done this installation please provide some light? Thanks.

P.S.: The bike is an '02, and the riser part # is Y-120, which is supposed to be compatible with all R6 generations.
Yea, there is noting on this site about the handlebar risers....shouldn't be too hard tho. Take out a couple of screws and pop the new one on. At least that's what I did on my Triumph. Although the added height did scratch the inner fairing when the wheel was turned to the locking position.

·
Can you see me now?!
1,422 Posts
Check these out, they say no modification necessary.

http://titebike.com/sa/cart/detail.asp?pg={680763DA-8F42-4596-BB3F-CF051F14C335}

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.