Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys to get yourselfs into shape for a track day. ive been tring to work out just a little bit more, but is there anything some one else does that helps out on the track.

·
her name is Megan Fox
2,583 Posts
i work out 5 times a week, 2 of which days i do mostly legs. i know on the 100 degree+ track days, my legs get super sore the day after. might be because of the heat though. i also ride a bicycle often for cardio and legs.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts
I stay in shape... that way I don't have to "get in shape" for any event :D
Same here except I'm not in as good a shape as you.:lmao

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i also stay in shape, im 5 11, 150, but i dont do any crazy work out. i started to do ALOT of leg work outs to try n get my legs use to moving alot. i can ride a bicycle for hours stright and it does fade me. anyone ever do a work on on there bike? i started to do alot of movements on my bike (bike on wheel choke) so that i can try to get my body use to those movements. its been so long since iver been on a motorcycle that i feel like i have to be extra ready so that i can last all day on the bike at the track.
do u guys have any tips on how to get ready for the heat or the much needed movement on a motorcycle. i was eve thninking going on a crazy diet for good food from now till the track day.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
If you check out the gym rat thread on the R1 forum there's some info from some serious trainers about how to get in shape for racing motorcycles. It's a huge thread so it will take some searching. You want to focus on endurance in your core and legs. Riding a road (pedal) bike is great for this. Yoga would also be great. Doing dead lifts, squats and cable cross machine in the gym with low weight, high reps would also get you this kind of training.

I just started jumping rope for endurance (in addition to some other stuff in the gym) and I'll let you know how it works out for me. It's nice cause it involves minimal equipment and space, and it's essentially self-training. If you're not using good form, you won't get over the rope. Works the hell out of your calves and anaerobic system.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx fallis, thats what i needed right there, ive done yoga before, but its so hard to do cause all of the poses to get a good work out will take over 90minutes, ive taken 2 yoga classes before. jump rope is cool but i try to stay away from putting the forces that jumps puts on ur knees, thats y i try not to go running, riding a bike is my thing for sure, easy on the knees n when i stand up n ride, damn thats a work out! haha, again thanx for the link and i will look through the thread

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
core work. i do alot of crunches, squats, leg lifts. i havent been to the track but i have horses and many of the same area's of the body are used in both sports. i also do alot of pushups but thats more for the wife's benny

52,014 Posts
Round is a shape...

52,014 Posts

·
MITICO
437 Posts
core work. i do alot of crunches, squats, leg lifts. i havent been to the track but i have horses and many of the same area's of the body are used in both sports. i also do alot of pushups but thats more for the wife's benny
Core is CRITICAL- if you've never been you're going to be tight & sore after your first day regardless of your condition due to just general muscle tense-ness / nervousness. Definitely spin classes, squats, dead lifts, etc.

·
Pobrecitos
19,911 Posts
I'm trying to get my phat-ass back on track...I've got to lose 15-20lbs if I even want to think about hitting a track. Good thing I shed them fast, problem is I gain them fast too...:yuk:

Next year hopefully I'll be back in shape, with an extra bike, ready to track it...I always hear core work is essential but it’s my most hated of all areas..lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts