Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
dont give it up fast now patience after all is a virtue.... i dont know about in your state but here in california you can put a lien on the bike. basicly if a car or in this case a bike is left on your property for more than 30 days and no one has came by to pick it up it can become yours. so just file a lien on the bike, say someone dumped it in your yard its not stolen and youd like to put a lien on it, ive never done it so there might be other things to go threw but that might help. yes no mabe so? oh and what year of bike and how much did u get for it?

that might work thanks man i know th lady's that work up at the dmv so they might be able to help me out got to love hook ups there lol i have gotten away with so much stuff up there im going to go up there Tuesday and see if they cant help me out

its a 2002 r6

I'd say 100% don't give up. I'm in the process of VIN inspection for my bike and I get it titled next wednesday. It's been a long process but honestly these kinda processes make the whole experience that much more satisfying when you rip on that machine you paid dirt cheap for. Get what you pay for : )

I feel your pain. I bought a bike with no title (sweet deal) blah blah story. Not stolen. Cant get ahold of the registered owner because hes in the navy...not sure what to do, but im in oregon.

Discussion starter · #24 · (Edited)
I feel your pain. I bought a bike with no title (sweet deal) blah blah story. Not stolen. Cant get ahold of the registered owner because hes in the navy...not sure what to do, but im in oregon.
really just puts a damper on your parade knowing that you have a bike its like 60 out side and you see all these bikes but you cant ride it, i have put about 300 in the bike already and now i don't even know if i will be able to ride it

Im in the same thing. Bike needed a new rear tire and chain before it was safe to ride. I got a 21 day trip permit and insured it. That work for all 21 days lol. It has expired tags and washinton plates to im out of luck as far as riding goes. Im going to talk to a family member of mine who owns a towing company and see if they cant put a lien on the bike and aquir a title that way.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Im in the same thing. Bike needed a new rear tire and chain before it was safe to ride. I got a 21 day trip permit and insured it. That work for all 21 days lol. It has expired tags and washinton plates to im out of luck as far as riding goes. Im going to talk to a family member of mine who owns a towing company and see if they cant put a lien on the bike and aquir a title that way.
LUCKY lol hook me up :p but i think i figured it out Illinois you can get a bonded title for like 100

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.