• other suggestions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Captain Save-A-Ho
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to do some track days this summer. I had the chance to try on and use the 2pc (jacket/track pants) Alpinestars MX-1 suit in the hills. It worked fine and I didn't have any troubles with it. I don't really care for wearing the jacket by itself. So I was thinking if I should go with a 1pc. The difference in price would be around $300-$400. I'm not going to be wearing the track pants around town so the only time would be the hills and I'll be in full leather anyhow so might as well wear a 1pc. The 1pc also comes with a separate back protector. With the 2pc I could wear the jacket by itself and if I crash I could just replace one or the other or both. Another good thing about a 2pc is I can take off the jacket to cool off when we stop. With a 1pc I'll have to wear it all day unless I go home and change or let the top portion hang. Any input or variable I should think of would be appreciated.

I have a TZ-1 already but I want to sell it for another jacket. I like to try new things after so long. I also have the Sidi Vertigo but I think I'll return them in for the SMX Plus. I got a size 41 in the Vertigo and they pinch my pinky toe and the next size up is 42 which is an inch bigger so I don't know if they will be to big. I don't want to have them order another pair for me not to like it so I'll probably just go for the SMX Plus since they have my size in stock.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I would keep your current jacket and use it for casual rides and have the 1pc for trackdays and carving corners.

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
hey, i was making same decisions just a month/so ago.... I love Sidi's but they dont fit my wide-ish feet... my size is 42.5-43 so i got 43... i had too much room in the toe area but it was squashing my pinky toes

exchanged them for A* SMX Plus size 43... they felt bulky and large.. also had room in the tow area but no discomfort... also b/c they have that lace system you can custom fit them better... anyway, i exchanged them for 42... stiff at the begining but once broken in - i love them - comfort and fit is great... i guess i have A* feet :)

i also have MX-1 1pc Suit and its great... took 20 min on the track to break it in and after that - perfect!!!!
for the street, i m getting A* stage jacket, smx 2 boots, and still looking for dragging type of jeans with icon knee/shin armor

i voted for option 2 but if your current jacket is good i'd keep it for street riding and save the dough

1 - 5 of 5 Posts