Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, its warming up, getting the bike ready. I had the battery on the trickle charger all winter, hooked up the terminals, turned the key and everything turned on as normal.. then gave her a hit of the ignition switched.. I heard a pop and now its completely dead, no lights no nothing.

I checked the fuses down in the battery area, all look good.. Anything else I should look for? Thanks.

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ur sled fuel injected or electric start? I'll be putting mine away here soon. I've got a 98 mxz with a mach 1 tripple mod motor

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The one in the picture is my old one, I sold it over the winter... I have a 2013 Gade and a 2014 Summit X.. I just clean them up and let them sit in the garage... So this is why i thought the battery was newer then I remembered, i had to buy a battery for the gade, the bike battery was over 2 years old so i bought a new one.

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice!! Ill be looking to pick up a Polaris IQR this summer and make that my new trail bicth!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The gade is set up for trails, upgraded the skis and track, clutched and full exhaust.

The Summit is just clutched for low elevation, thats about it.. The summit is to get into more deep snow riding, obviously, i get tired of just sticking to trails.

·
My bike hates me
774 Posts
The gade is set up for trails, upgraded the skis and track, clutched and full exhaust.

The Summit is just clutched for low elevation, thats about it.. The summit is to get into more deep snow riding, obviously, i get tired of just sticking to trails.
Very nice. I love getting off trail as much as i can. Trail riding bores me after a bit. My sleds set up right now for just on trail but this summer it will be getting a 144" extension and i need to rebuild my secondary clutch. Ive got home built mod pipes to fit the mxz chassis, the lower end of the motor was an FIII triple but we bored out the upper crank case to fit the Mach 1 700 cylinders. We ported the intakes, put veforce 3 reeds in it, raised the exhaust port slightly and cleaned them up. I need to get into the chain case and put the proper gearing in yet as well... Later on it will get a head cut too

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.