Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,
I recently picked up a 16 with PC . Seller did not get dyno tuned . Indicated that he used map using computer . He didn't have much information what setting he used , when I asked him .

Bike runs fine , don't hear excessive backfire , does not jerk . This one guy off the internet is charging about 400 bucks for flash ECU and I wanted to know if it's worth it since it already had PC . I've read that ECU flash tweaks other functions like rev limiter , make cooling fan turn on early . What else am I getting out of it ? For that price , I much rather spend money on some rubber or damper . Thanks in advance.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,175 Posts
Bauce racing charges less than that, I believe. And you won’t be disappointed. I would contact Anthony and speak to him directly. He will give you the straight, no BS scoop. But other functions that are done with an ECU flash include removing the throttle restrictions that are stock, changing the engine braking characteristics, they can change the ignition timing map, enable a quick shifter function, set when the variable intake funnels lift to optimize the power curve, disable the EXUP fault and the 02 sensor fault (if needed). There is a lot that can be done. The PC only alters the fuel map.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts