Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Last August I hit a deer on my bike and well I'm finally getting around to getting the bike fixed.
I went online to Flatout Motorcycles and did the whole parts finder thing and figured out everything I need to get her fixed and the total cost was around $2,300.
Well when I wanted to checkout there wasn't a payment option for the Yamaha Card so I called them up and asked if they took it and they said Yes.
I said ok I have a large list of parts I need and I want to use my Yamaha Card so I faxed the whole list over to them and within the next day they faxed me back the total estimate with shipping and it was $3,500 :eek5
I then called them back and was like wtf is the deal and why are they so much more than what I came up with online??? They said they only offer the OEM parts discount online and not through the store. I asked if there was anyway they could give me the discount and they said no.

So now I'm stuck and need to find a place that will accept the Yamaha Card and also give me the same price for parts that they advertise online.
I still don't understand why they can't give the discount through the store????

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
$2300? What the hell all are you ordering? Find some of that crap on ebay, or check here, or the R6Messagenet.

·
12,482 Posts
I noticed you've got an '04 blue....

I've got an BRAND NEW lower left fairing that I bought from the dealer a year ago... I was gonna replace the scratched up one on my '04, but the bike was stolen before I got to it....

I paid around $225 for it.... I'll let it go for $150 shipped if you want it. OBO

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well basically I need the whole front end, (headlight assembly, fairing stay bracket, upper cowl etc), fuel tank, rear upper subframe, rear tail, rear fender and all the little misc bolts, washers and whatnot.
The frame, forks, wheels and lower subframe are all straight which amazes me and the left and right side lower and upper fairings are not damaged thanks to the frame sliders.
If it wasn't for the fuel tank and headlights that would save me $1,000 right there......

·
Knee Draggin Druggie
195 Posts
Well basically I need the whole front end, (headlight assembly, fairing stay bracket, upper cowl etc), fuel tank, rear upper subframe, rear tail, rear fender and all the little misc bolts, washers and whatnot.
The frame, forks, wheels and lower subframe are all straight which amazes me and the left and right side lower and upper fairings are not damaged thanks to the frame sliders.
If it wasn't for the fuel tank and headlights that would save me $1,000 right there......
Good God! Thats terrible!

Sorry bro

·
site sponser
13 Posts
who did you talk to? im the internet sales person here at flatout. are you still needing the help? because nobody told me about this order because i could have gotten it taken care of. the prices on the web site are different from ordering it over the counter and by phone. let me know if you are still needing help.

thanks
Chris Adkins
Internet parts manager

Hey guys,
Last August I hit a deer on my bike and well I'm finally getting around to getting the bike fixed.
I went online to Flatout Motorcycles and did the whole parts finder thing and figured out everything I need to get her fixed and the total cost was around $2,300.
Well when I wanted to checkout there wasn't a payment option for the Yamaha Card so I called them up and asked if they took it and they said Yes.
I said ok I have a large list of parts I need and I want to use my Yamaha Card so I faxed the whole list over to them and within the next day they faxed me back the total estimate with shipping and it was $3,500 :eek5
I then called them back and was like wtf is the deal and why are they so much more than what I came up with online??? They said they only offer the OEM parts discount online and not through the store. I asked if there was anyway they could give me the discount and they said no.

So now I'm stuck and need to find a place that will accept the Yamaha Card and also give me the same price for parts that they advertise online.
I still don't understand why they can't give the discount through the store????

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Wheelie Instructor
425 Posts
who did you talk to? im the internet sales person here at flatout. are you still needing the help? because nobody told me about this order because i could have gotten it taken care of. the prices on the web site are different from ordering it over the counter and by phone. let me know if you are still needing help.

thanks
Chris Adkins
Internet parts manager
chris is an awesome guy!

when the solo cowl for the 06R6 came out, i ordered mine from him for an amazingly low price. when yamaha jacked the price up, he still met the price i was quoted. i have since ordered a fuel tank from him at a crazy low price. deff call him.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i got some stock parts from my 04 r6....(blue) redwood650 gots a 04 r6..pm me what you need exactly....i'll make it super duper cheap

·
Registered
998 Posts
Do not use a Yamaha Card!!!!! The interest for normal purchase is 19%-27%. Use it when they have promotions on bike purchases, not parts purchases. A regular credit card you can get 0% APR for the first six months if you pay it off in 6. Not to mention much lower rates. Think about it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do not use a Yamaha Card!!!!! The interest for normal purchase is 19%-27%. Use it when they have promotions on bike purchases, not parts purchases. A regular credit card you can get 0% APR for the first six months if you pay it off in 6. Not to mention much lower rates. Think about it.
+1 on that.

·
Registered
645 Posts
For that much money... go buy another bike and you will have spares of everything. You can find one with a TON of miles or damage to the parts that you don't need.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
+1 on this my budy just used his without knowing this and got slammed with the high intrest rate payed more in intrest than his part was worth!

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
Hey I've got a headlight assembly and fuel tank for you off my 05 if you want them. $325 shipped OBO for the pair or 200 for the light and 100 for the tank + shipping. Got a few pics attached. Headlights work perfect, just some scuffs on the right side and the backing is cracked and repaired with a sealant glue. Headlight assy is still water tight. Never had ANY problems with it. The tank obviously has the dent in it from when the bike fell over onto the bike next to it (dent is caused from the other bikes footpeg). Includes fuel pump.

Attachments

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it.
I ended up going through my local dealer and they gave me a 25% discount and I ended up paying $2,800 for everything. I needed a few more things than I thought.
I got approved for a credit card with a $3,000 limit and no interest for I think it was 6 or 8 months so hopefully I can get it all paid off within that time.
I should have the 6 back on the road in a few weeks! It will feel good riding again because it's been about 9 months :eek5
Now that I've turned 25 since the accident I'm going to get full coverage because the rates have dropped a ton and I can finally afford it, but I was a dumass if the beginning not to have full coverage.
Lesson Learned thats for sure

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts