Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went down over a month ago and started riding again just here or there. I'm a lot more cautious but still don't have the ability to ride my bike like i used to. then to top it off i hit an intersection and my bike does a speed wobble but a lot more violent to the point where within 20 feet of starting i would of been on the ground. SOMEHOW i stayed up. So this shook me as well, but I'm still having a problem with going for rides at all. any advice as to how everyone has gotten over an accident.

I've bought a tiny mountain bike with suspension to help me with balance turning and stopping. so i feel more comfortable with that.

·
Registered
998 Posts
So i went down over a month ago and started riding again just here or there. I'm a lot more cautious but still don't have the ability to ride my bike like i used to. then to top it off i hit an intersection and my bike does a speed wobble but a lot more violent to the point where within 20 feet of starting i would of been on the ground. SOMEHOW i stayed up. So this shook me as well, but I'm still having a problem with going for rides at all. any advice as to how everyone has gotten over an accident.

I've bought a tiny mountain bike with suspension to help me with balance turning and stopping. so i feel more comfortable with that.
Take it slow. You said that do don't have the ability, are you still hurt? If your still hurt, don't ride until your ok. If it's in your head thats something that no one here can help you with.

I was ran off the road last October by someone around a corner on their cell phone. The bitch didn't even stop and she was long gone once I stopped sliding in the oncoming traffic lanes. I got up and walked to the bike. The cars that stopped for me because I was in their lane got out to see if I was ok and called 911. I was in shock from what happened, got on my bike, started it and rode home before the ambulance got there. I filed a police report the next day sore as hell. I also learned that a textile jacket is just for the initial impact not sliding. My yzf-600r was totaled and here I am now. I was able to jump back on a bike without a problem.

If your bike wobbles like that something is wrong with it. Bent frame and rim? How would a mountain bike with suspension help you at all? You've got to be hurt bad for that to be the next best thing. Iam in Omaha, hit me up if you want to ride. Theres my long winded response.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got caught off guard by a truck in my lane coming around a corner and when I hit the breaks of course the bike straightened out and sent me to the curb which sent the bike into an end of end and me rolling into a telephone pole. The bike was done and I had to get the rocks scrubbed out which didn't hurt as much as my pride when I got to the hospital and it was my friends mom who did it. I still have the tendency to not want to lean into turns but just need to remind my self that I am well with in the bikes and my limits and got myself back to being comfortable. Sure it may take a while but just do yourself a sanity check and have the bike checked out it may just be something like he mentioned above. Good luck.

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
Ok first off. Lextacy You need to go to bed. or as my wife says it mimi. hahahaha JK. anyway I was in my sti doing a stupid corner at about 75 80 miles an hour. the Turn was maybe about a 30 to 45 mph turn. doing it at a fast pace maybe 50 or 55. long story short, i went from the outside inside understeered more like just went straight into the gaurdrail and totaled my car. it spun around and smashed from the front and back. when i got back to driving i couldnt take a turn more than 10 mph.

I took it slow and first off learned what went wrong, how i could of prevented it. my case was i was stupid and shouldn't of been there doing that anyway but it takes time and soon enough you should be back.

·
Sexy Time
757 Posts
I had the same problem as well, took a turn a little fast in a sandy area and lowsided. I rode like a lil girl the whole way home and I was pretty timid for a long time. You just need to take time and stay at your comfort level. I still dont enter blind corners too far above the speed limit even if i know i can take them becasue of the possability of cars or road kill. So remember what the bike can do as well but its good to keep a lil of that caution while on public roads. Oh also find a corner or two that you can see the whole way through and you are famliiar with and work on those for an hour or two at a time to build confidence

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all this will help guys. I do need more time on the bike and i've told my friends that i need to ride by myself to learn what i can do not learn that i can keep up. The mountain bike with suspension is a good tool because just like a bike going through a corner even at minimal speed the front dips just like the sport bike as if i was to push on the breaks and it under steers. And the frame and rims are fine i had a shop look over and do everything before when i wrecked. the streets around here are pitiful. I've heard of lots of people going through the wobbles right there. guess seat time is the only thing that can get me going again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts