Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the R6 after three years on the street with the 599. After hitting the track for the first time last summer I realized how little sense the R6 makes on the street and how addicting the track is. That's why I decided to turn her into a track-only machine.
Paying taxes and my upcoming wedding is slowing down my mods, but I run with the fastest guys in Novice so far, so I don't even need them yet.
So far I'm just getting her ready for the crash, getting front axle sliders and engine case covers to complement the swingarm sliders and a finally wired the gear indicator, after the crankshaft position sensor blew up the first time i tried.

Next on the list is gearing and exhaust, because the race bodywork almost touches the cat.

First stickers and double bubble windshield are on. by vic06, on Flickr

IMG_2874 by vic06, on Flickr

Track bike transformation. by vic06, on Flickr

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
nice decals man. where did you get them?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OH NICE!! Hahahahah. Didn't even realize you were a customer :cheers
Got them yesterday. Machining is very nice looking and accurate, the cam mechanism feels more solid than the Pazzo I have on the other bike and the lever has no forward play compared to them. Congratulations for a great product!

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
very nice looking bike, great decals.

Only one question though....why do a lotta folks get "Standard shift" or "GP shift" decals??? Dont ya'll know what shift pattern you have on your bike? What is the need for the constant reminder?
I got it in case someone else hops on it. Shop people or a buddy...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's also a note to the corner workers. If they had to move my bike out of the way the can get in in neutral fast and they can identify my bike because my name is on the sticker as well.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts

Only one question though....why do a lotta folks get "Standard shift" or "GP shift" decals??? Dont ya'll know what shift pattern you have on your bike? What is the need for the constant reminder?
I think WERA requires it to race. Like those before me said, it's so you can quickly get it in neutral and get it out of the way if something goes bad.

·
Parts Pimp
26,455 Posts

I think WERA requires it to race. Like those before me said, it's so you can quickly get it in neutral and get it out of the way if something goes bad.
This ^^

Some track day orgs require this. I have to put a piece of tape with my name and shift pattern on my bike when I run with some track day orgs. This reminds me I need to hit up NickG to get my decal for my tank. He does the two layers of vinyl and it looks REAL nice!

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,448 Posts
Man that bike is gorgeous! :cheers

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts
Sick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts