Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't took the tank sticker off my bike yet because I didn't know if it was gonna leave a residue. Experiences? What have you guys used to get the sticky residue off?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I just heated mine up with a blow dryer and it came off really easily. Barely left any adhesive. You can use goo gone on it and it won't hurt it. I've tried alot of stuff. Surprisingly, wrench spray worked the best for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
to me it looks like that tank sticker on my 02 has a clear coat over it. did the factory clear coat over the tank stickers on the 02 bikes?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I saturated the stickers on my 07 with windex, orange glow, and goo gone. Then, I actually used a rubber spatuala and brush and they came right off. Pretty ghetto way to do it, but it worked great!

·
Vroooooooooooooom...
45 Posts
Literally just got done taking the tank sticker off. I didn't use heat because I have no way of heating it up haha, but it won't leave a mark as long as you get the gunk off.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I used bug and tar spray and just let it sit for like 10 15 min

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
to me it looks like that tank sticker on my 02 has a clear coat over it. did the factory clear coat over the tank stickers on the 02 bikes?
Yes

·
Registered
108 Posts
well that sucks lol i guess ill just have to deal with the ugly tank sticker till i want to re-paint the bike

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ummm my sticker on the tank has a clear coat how are you guys getting these off without it looking really bad. I was unuware that you could even get them off without sanding and repainting your tank.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
^ i dont think you can... I put stomp grips on mine to cover up the sticker and for the added grip.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That what I thought but the other people above say they did it. hmmmm How much does that stomp grip cost and where is the best place to get it??

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
$40

i think i got mine from motomummy cause they had black... it was them or 58 cycle... cant remember

·
Registered
357 Posts
if you have an 08 it is just a sticker on top of the paint. it can be remove easy by letting it set in the sun for a while to heat it up then all you need to do is peal it off then remove the sticky with some wd40. or get a sticker custom made to enhance the looks of the factory one like i did.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just took mine off last week. I just used a heat gun and then WD-40 worked pretty well for the little bit of residue left over

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just got thru getting mine off today, I just soaked it in some fantastic cleaner and pulled it off, then went to town on it with some goo gone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts