Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have pics because i didnt have the camera with. We were out at my shop were I store my bike and all my buddies bikes and then we saw it. My buddy was with to install his Taylor Made Exhaust on His K6 GSX-R 750 when the words HOLY F**K came out of my mouth. The welds closest to the forks right below the triple clamp were cracked. both sides were cracked about a half inch into the frame. He called Sasucky and they told him basically go F**K yourself. Now hes going to be forced to turn this into insurance and most likely total his bike. Glad I sold mine and conformed to YAMI!!! To bad I was really looking forward to hearing that taylor made exhaust.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
where do they crack? ive never seen one in person, is it only the 600's and 750's or the 1000's too?

·
Registered
376 Posts
i know the last gen had some problems with bikes snapping in half because of some crappy welds...i guess thats how they keep'em about a grand less than other bikes..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not really related to this story, but I had a cylinder head go bad on my K1 600. In the end Suzuki payed for the parts, but I was still out of pocket by £600 ($1200) for the labour!

That's why I jumped to Yam as soon as it was viable. Will never buy a Suzuki again! They suck.

·
Forum Moderator
3,098 Posts
I would think Suzuki would repair it if you go straight to them. They have had these problems in the past. I'm sure there is a service bulletin out on it. Some dealers would tell you anything just to get you to leave since they don't want to deal with it. I would call Suzuki and talk with them.

·
12,479 Posts
Does he stunt the bike? I'd guess that's the reason why the frame cracked... It's hard for me to believe that an auto manafacturer would NOT recall or fix a "common" problem like that.

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
Im with annguyen on this, from what Ive read most of the bikes with frame issues were laid down in their past.

Edit: ^^ Thats a nice custom looking Gixxer HAHA

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
damn the one bike looked stretched, in the front. lol. is the older 750s like this? like 2003 or so?

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
if its the weld take the frame off and take it to a welding shop and they will fix it its just the weld was done bad at the factory or try sueing and they probly will send you a new one for shipping if your lucky should have bought a yamaha

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
thats not the weld stop riding wheelies it puts alot of stress on the frame when you land think about it all your weght plus the bikes weight and seeing as its not the weld you f$$ked unless you get on suzukis as$ but if you want to sell it i'll give 1500 for it

·
Custom User Title
1,827 Posts
thatfastone said:
if its the weld take the frame off and take it to a welding shop and they will fix it its just the weld was done bad at the factory or try sueing and they probly will send you a new one for shipping if your lucky should have bought a yamaha

that is supposed to be the 2nd strongest part of the bike. i wouldn't feel right riding it "fixed". i'd turn it into insurance asap

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
they mit say its cost to much to fix i know 3 people riding fixed frames funny think is they all are on gsxr and one of them is a stunt ride and he does must of his stunts at high speeds

1 - 20 of 23 Posts