Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My R6 is Famous!
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out all riding all day and i decided to take a lil spin through the city. As I'm riding thru the city I was about 1 min away from the highway when I came across an intersection and a gixxer 750 ready to pull out onto the same road as me. At this point I'm telling myself "Ok we're about to jump on the highway and were gonna get it {race}).

The next thing I know I look in my rearview and he's not there anymore......all of a sudden I see the kid walking across the street. So, I'm thinking WTF! I decided go back and see what the hell happened, yeah i was being a lil nosey! I approach him and what do I see....he low sided as he was pulling out of the turn and the bike skidded right into the back of a 91 ford ranger! (The gixxer just shit itself seeing the R6 roll by:dunce:). I did help the kid with calling the police to get a report and his family. Anyways turns out the kid (maybe 17 or 18) had a suspended license (DUI), doesn't have a M class permit or license, and it was only his 2nd time riding the bike.

Oh yeah iI forgot to mention the bike belong to his cousin. SO his cousin came to the scene to see a totaled gixxer. the kid was alright just a lil scrape on his elbow but the bike was a goner!
Thats my story for my Sunday Ride! A bit exciting but better to know the kid wasn't seriously injured during the accident.

·
PhotoChopper
2,369 Posts
So it's your fault that he fell? :lmao

sucks for the owner, but serves him right, should of got an R6 instead :sing

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
WOW.. I would be pissed if it were my bike, but I would never let my cousin of any sort that doesn't have a license, or any experience on a bike ride mine. Just me though.

·
My other bike has 6wheels
127 Posts
WOW.. I would be pissed if it were my bike, but I would never let my cousin of any sort that doesn't have a license, or any experience on a bike ride mine. Just me though.
Yea, I def agree with that. And another thought for everyone, why do the words Gixxer and Squid always seem to go hand in hand?

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Speekin on Gixxers... here goes my encounter with them

was at turner falls OK this weekend, some twisties near the falls, no side rails with about 30-60ft drops, there goes a gixxer, rider only had helmet on, no other gear, pullin wheelies on twisties, i mean, seriously, when there are twisties, y wud u wanna pull a wheelie right b4 ur brakin point :confused:

·
Banned
660 Posts
Speekin on Gixxers... here goes my encounter with them

was at turner falls OK this weekend, some twisties near the falls, no side rails with about 30-60ft drops, there goes a gixxer, rider only had helmet on, no other gear, pullin wheelies on twisties, i mean, seriously, when there are twisties, y wud u wanna pull a wheelie right b4 ur brakin point :confused:
i was following one doing a suicide cross with just sneakers and shorts on going about 140 km/h downhill with a cliff on one side

1 - 6 of 6 Posts