Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Gixxer wrecked in front of me!

2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Dakota11 
#1 ·
heres the story..
last night as i was driving home, a gixxer wrecked pretty badly in front
of me.. he deserved it tho! it was one of the new ones..

so as i was driving home i had to slow down to make the right turn ,, i rev match to slow down, and with the headers and exhaust
i guess he thought i was trying to race him.. after i make the right turn, i just hear a loud (bwaaaaaaaa)) then i see the bike, so i just went on my way, 100 yds in front of me, it looked lk they wanted to take the highway, and at that point the solid line to merge on to the highway turned into a curb, i guess he didnt see it, and i just see the bike flip,, then its R.I.P gixxer,, i felt bad
it looked lk a pretty brand new bike..

#9 ·
yeah,,, i felt real badd.. if iwas going to take the highway , i would have def stopped

if he was still on the ground, i would have turned back.. i should have turned back regardless "/
if that was me i would have expected that :nono

#10 ·
damn thats shitty, but ill agree with the guys, even if its some chodestroker that used to make fun of me back in high school, if i saw him standing on the side of the road with his bike laying on the side, id still stop. pay it forward. hell, if your late to work, just tell them you saw an accident and stopped to see if they were ok

#19 ·
Haha! What a fool!

Like I always say, "You can't fix stupid.":dunce:

#20 ·
What a bunch of idiots. The guy TOOK off in a straight line...this R6er made a right. Was he supposed to alter his route and thus causing more mayhem during his u-turn and sitting at the scene of the accident? It would have looked bad for the you and if you gave the cop your story, that'd be ****ed up! He didn't deserve to crash. How is taking off = to getting in a massive wreck? Have you never down shifted and snapped open the throttle? Or do only GXSR's do that now?

-Ant.

#24 ·
yeah that he was.. actually saved his life.. no flip flops, hat, or shorts haha
armored jacket, pants, and helmet

:nono I don't care who it is, you should never wish that upon anybody
i didnt actually mean that :(
should have turned your ass around man....

a few years ago i was riding with a group, i was 4th bike back out of 8 bikes, we were merging from one hi-way to another to the left with a odd pitch of the road.

anyhow i hit some antifreeze from a wreck the night before, rear tire slid out as i had the bike at a good lean at 45 mph (just chillin cops all over so i was doing the speed limit for the ramp), after the tire slid out i got it upright still going 45mph straight into the grassy medium over a 4x4 sigh post that a car took out the night before, over a steel bumper from a truck then shot out of the ditch 100 or so feet down the medium launched the bike a good 3 ft off the ground landed on the road and went up around the corner where lucky me the 3 ppl that were in front were slowing down, So i pull over with my ass puckered so hard i could have cut diamonds.
after about 30 seconds or so we hadn't seen the rest of the bikes that were behind us, So we turn around go the wrong direction on the hi-way about 100 yards to find out that the 6th guy had hit the patch as well and well lets say him and his bike didn't get as lucky as i did. he ended up hitting a construction fence breaking his clavicle and totaling his bike, If i had not turned around i would not have been there to help this guy out of the ditch getting the tow truck there and dealing with the cops.

Sorry for the thread jacking but if i would have kept going i would have felt like a douche, and the guy that totaled his bike was riding a busa.
The point is like others have said it doesn't matter what we ride, if some one looks like they might need help turn your ass around and find out.

We all share the same love for 2wheels
i wish now i had.. it happened pretty quick.
i saw that he got up.. stupid of me tho,,, i wud hav expected that :nono

#22 ·
he deserved it tho! it was one of the new ones..
:nono I don't care who it is, you should never wish that upon anybody

#23 ·
should have turned your ass around man....

a few years ago i was riding with a group, i was 4th bike back out of 8 bikes, we were merging from one hi-way to another to the left with a odd pitch of the road.

anyhow i hit some antifreeze from a wreck the night before, rear tire slid out as i had the bike at a good lean at 45 mph (just chillin cops all over so i was doing the speed limit for the ramp), after the tire slid out i got it upright still going 45mph straight into the grassy medium over a 4x4 sigh post that a car took out the night before, over a steel bumper from a truck then shot out of the ditch 100 or so feet down the medium launched the bike a good 3 ft off the ground landed on the road and went up around the corner where lucky me the 3 ppl that were in front were slowing down, So i pull over with my ass puckered so hard i could have cut diamonds.
after about 30 seconds or so we hadn't seen the rest of the bikes that were behind us, So we turn around go the wrong direction on the hi-way about 100 yards to find out that the 6th guy had hit the patch as well and well lets say him and his bike didn't get as lucky as i did. he ended up hitting a construction fence breaking his clavicle and totaling his bike, If i had not turned around i would not have been there to help this guy out of the ditch getting the tow truck there and dealing with the cops.

Sorry for the thread jacking but if i would have kept going i would have felt like a douche, and the guy that totaled his bike was riding a busa.
The point is like others have said it doesn't matter what we ride, if some one looks like they might need help turn your ass around and find out.

We all share the same love for 2wheels

#25 ·
I think you you get what everybody is saying. So no need to keep slamming you about not helping him, its alright man:yes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.