Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of getting these (ICON):

or these (OLYMPIA):

I am leaning towards the first pair, just wondered if anyone here has either and their thoughts on them. I am wanting a short glove, summer riding, with solid knuckles...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been thinking of getting a shorter pair of gloves also. Right now I just have Joe Rocket Speedmaster gloves. Those ICON's are pretty sweet. How much do they run?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ICONs are $69 everywhere...but I did find them for $55 at newenough.com (prolly $15 to ship them tho!)

the Olympia does come in blue, and they are $50

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, I figured that they also came in blue. I still definitely like the ICON's better. I just think they look a little better than the Olympia's. Can't go wrong with either one though. Thanks for the pricing and link to the site.

:cheers

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
those Olympia THINGS are ugly. they look like wool mittens that a character from Star Wars would have worn. Get the Icon's i really like those black ones w/ blue knuckles....get those and then tell me how you like them because I can't wear my GP Plus gloves too much in the summer because my hands will burn off.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i heard bad things about the icon timax gloves. really poor quality.

i've heard riders who had those gloves and crashed, the first thing that came off were the gloves. or the leather wore down right to the skin. and those knuckle guard things get caught on your clutch/brake when you got your fingers wrapped around the handles.

i don't know how true it is, but this is just what i heard

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Jason, Let me see what I can get the gloves for. I'm looking at the same gloves.
Southwest Superbikes carries a full line of Icon products, helmets, leathers, gloves, and boots.

I get a discount there, so let me make a phone call before you buy.
They are $69 here too, but that's before the discount.
I'll let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, those are the stunter gloves...I like those too, but I like the "look" of the knuckles on the Hooligan. Although, the stunter is a good glove, maybe that should be in the list too!

Yeah, the metal glove things Icon had out, I don't like the look of anyway.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
TexasR6 said:
Jason, Let me see what I can get the gloves for. I'm looking at the same gloves.
Southwest Superbikes carries a full line of Icon products, helmets, leathers, gloves, and boots.

I get a discount there, so let me make a phone call before you buy.
They are $69 here too, but that's before the discount.
I'll let you know tomorrow.
hey man clue me in on a pair of those icon gloves too, ive been lookin to get some. those icon hooligan gloves are pretty dam good gloves, and they look pimp :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool, cool...
I found them for $55 online so far, that is the cheapest. There is shipping tho.

Let me know, I want these things! haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts