Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
R6
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did my first 2 oil changes with what my local dealer sold me which was GN4 Honda 4 stroke motor oil 10W-40. What you guys suggest i change to or just stick with it?...dono feel weird with the whole "honda" thing

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,411 Posts
GN4 is an OK oil. I've never had any problems with it, but I always used it in lower RPM engines. In higher RPM applications (like the R6) I might suggest stepping up to the HP4 or HP4S (synthetic). The GN oil is a General Purpose application motorcycle oil. The HP line is High Performance.

Remember Honda doesn't MAKE the oil. Someone else does....It's usually the lowest bidder that can supply it to Honda's specs. That doen't mean its bad. It just means that you don't know who's oil you are using. Again, I have used Hondaline products over the years, and NEVER had any problems (in many different brands of bikes). As a matter of fact, IMO, their antifreeze is about the best around. Whatever is in that stuff seems to prevent any corrosion problems in cooling systems better than any other coolant I've seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts