Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to mount the go pro to view my bp? I went out to a empty parking lot and just fcuked around doin circle and stuff. I feel real good doin right turns but not so much on the left. I wanna see what I'm doing different on the left side.

·
USMC-Semper Fi!
582 Posts
I would say somewhere on the middle of the bike, like the center of the windscreen, the center of the tail. Im not sure if that's what you mean but you want a position that will show you as upright as possible when you're upright so that you can see how far and in you are when you lean.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ye I was thinking center of the tail or on the fairing right above the head light.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
Put it on the tail section and have the camera facing forward towards your ass haha. A lot of people do this and I've done this my self to see what I look like riding around.

·
USMC-Semper Fi!
582 Posts
Ye I was thinking center of the tail or on the fairing right above the head light.
I personally have a 3M GoPro mount on top of the headlight but I noticed that when I lean the opposite side to where the camera is mounted, I have a hard time judging how far I've leaned, because the camera being mounted more to one side than the other doesn't allow for proper judgement.

So in other words, I wouldn't recommend the fairing on top of the headlight as a good BP for this reason.

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Yeah Bryan, as has been said the center or the tail, as far back is the most deal so you can see yourself on right handers, and left equally. The windscreen may be too close to you. My next trackday, hopefully next weekend, I'm going to run one on the tail, and another in front of my throttle hand... So I can not only watch my BP clearly, I can also focus on braking and throttle input... The 06-07 Armour Bodies bodywork does not secure on the top of the tail, so it flops around quite a bit, but there is a mounting point on the tip of the subframe. So just today I drilled a hole in the tail after careful measurements, secured the tail firmly, and stuck a GoPro mount on the tipof the tail! Siked to get some good footage! Hopefully next weekend!

:cheers

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool ill try it out in the morn. :cheers

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
As said before, I have a 3M stuck on the rear tale. I run 2 sessions on the back to get an idea of my body position. I like to make sure I am making smooth transitions on getting the body over. You can also see that the upper body is over and in line.

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
for bp i like the tail or if u can stick it on the inside of your windshield facing back i thought that was cool to look at bp too...

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts