Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Get'n Lucky -n- Kentucky
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has one? I am for sure going to get it and found some on ebay for 229 shipped. Would like to see some vids you all have took with yours if you got one.

·
A.G.C.
329 Posts
1080p, 960p, and 720p in 30 and 60 fps (720p). The HD HERO line of cameras offers three different HD resolutions, giving you three filming modes to capture the best angles for any given activity:

* 1080p: 1920x1080 True HD featuring a 127º angle of view, 30 fps, and 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
* 960p: 1280x960 Ultra Wide and Tall HD featuring a 170º angle of view, 30 fps, and 4:3 aspect ratio. See more of the action above and below than widescreen16:9 resolutions can show.
* 720p: 1280x720 Ultra Wide HD featuring a 170º angle of view, both 30 and 60 fps, and 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Who has one? I am for sure going to get it and found some on ebay for 229 shipped. Would like to see some vids you all have took with yours if you got one.
1080P takes up a shit ton of disk space. You can get a few hours on a 16 gb card. And you need a REALLY REALLY good memory card to film at 1080 or it will be choppy. Also, 1080p videos take forever to edit and produce unless you have a gaming pc. I been having a hell of a time getting the output video to be as good as the original. I always get a letterbox. And, 1080p won't play on the xbox from the memory card in a usb holder. I think the 720 would play on the xbox, which would be glorious with suround sound and HD. Anyone use PS3? Does it have the balls to play in 1080p?

The camera is badass tho. It's a really fun thing to have. I watch my riding videos all the time. I run the open back cover on the case which makes it not water proof, but allows more sound to get picked up. The battery lasts for at least 2.5 hours of filming. I just let it run as long as we are rolling. It's awesome!!!

I'm gonna try and get a couple videos uploaded today while I am on the t1's. Here's a few videos tho.

I'm on the ducati for a test ride. My buddy who owns the duc is on my 6. He was doing 160 at one point. No wind noise!

My gixxer squid friend

It's a little long, but it was a real awesome day of riding.

How are they in low light conditions? Considering one for cave exploration...
Whoah!!! Sounds like a badass time! Round here all the bats have some nasty disease and more than 90% of the bat population has died. They aren't too bad or too good in low light. Here's a video that I took right when it was getting dark. You can even see how it is just straight up dark at the end of the video.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
to chiefsmokedawg,

how'd you get no wind noise on your videos? sounds really good. i wanna get one soo bad. but just don't know if i should invest in something else..lol. like levers.

and plus winter is coming up, gotta get the gear going!

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
to chiefsmokedawg,

how'd you get no wind noise on your videos? sounds really good. i wanna get one soo bad. but just don't know if i should invest in something else..lol. like levers.

and plus winter is coming up, gotta get the gear going!
It just records with no wind noise. The older versions have awful wind noise. I have some on board footage from the tank on my friends ducati. There was some wind noise, but that's cause his chest is sending the wind into the back cover.

I love my levers, but the gopro is awesome too. I had no choice on the gopro before levers tho. My GF got me one a couple years ago and I dropped it into a cup of applejuice so I had to replace it with the HD model :)

The camera is about 240 then you need to get the memory card which will be like another 30-50

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
It just records with no wind noise. The older versions have awful wind noise. I have some on board footage from the tank on my friends ducati. There was some wind noise, but that's cause his chest is sending the wind into the back cover.

I love my levers, but the gopro is awesome too. I had no choice on the gopro before levers tho. My GF got me one a couple years ago and I dropped it into a cup of applejuice so I had to replace it with the HD model :)

The camera is about 240 then you need to get the memory card which will be like another 30-50
hmmm. i'll see what i can sell to make up funds. cause my winter gear is going to cost me a pretty penny. :sing

·
Get'n Lucky -n- Kentucky
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah thats what i was worrying about was editing in 1080p. I know the PS3 will put out 1080p videos no problem, but as far as my laptop editing them will probably be hard to do. So far the videos from them look awesome.

You were talking about a memory card being 30-50 bucks. Would a sandisk 32gb work good so it wouldn't be choppy because i can get one off of Amazon for about 15 bucks or so or what brand are you all running through yours?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Yeah thats what i was worrying about was editing in 1080p. I know the PS3 will put out 1080p videos no problem, but as far as my laptop editing them will probably be hard to do. So far the videos from them look awesome.

You were talking about a memory card being 30-50 bucks. Would a sandisk 32gb work good so it wouldn't be choppy because i can get one off of Amazon for about 15 bucks or so or what brand are you all running through yours?
The xbox plays 1080p on the tv, but when I try to play the 1080p gopro videos it has sound but the video is SO choppy it can't be watched. I was just wondering if anyone tried the 1080p videos from the go pro on the PS3. If it works I'll buy one next week. I just need an excuse!!

I have a patriot card. It was the one that gopro recommends. I have a san disk sdhc card for my DSLR that is really really good, but it doesn't work in the go pro for some reason. I have tried everything. Agg posted a link to amazon for the patriot card a while back. Search that up. It's your best bet.

My laptop plays the videos, and edits them, but takes forever to export them. I have the best laptop out right now too. This thing is a god damn beast bro. I can manage em, but taking like 8-12 gigs of video each weekend led me to buy a usb hard drive to store them, etc.. Wish I had a blu-ray burner and player!!

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
haha gotcha, u get one add me up on there and get COD lol
I have COD, but I suck and haven't played in a while. My SN on there is the same as on here. Hit me up with an invite. I'll jump on this weekend for sure. Maybe tonight after I rip a few gravs we'll throw down. I dont have the new map pack tho

·
Registered
391 Posts
yeah i have the old one and wind noise is loud. i would like to get the hd one for this winter snowboarding season. the only other issue i had with my older one was when i went snowboarding it got to cold and quit working until i throw it in my coat pocket for 10 mins or so then it worked again.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
yeah i have the old one and wind noise is loud. i would like to get the hd one for this winter snowboarding season. the only other issue i had with my older one was when i went snowboarding it got to cold and quit working until i throw it in my coat pocket for 10 mins or so then it worked again.
I bet with the new rechargeable battery you'd have no problem.

The old ones ran on AAA batteries. When they get cold, the voltage drops significantly.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts