Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.godfatherracing.com
they only have 03 and up for now.
they fit nice. look decent, I like them and have had a few other guys tell me they are on par with sharkskins. oh and I cut the headlights out myself. which is a bitch to do. it looks better in person than in the pic because of the sunlight

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
so why did you put them on. what was wrong with your stock plastics. do you race. and if you do you dont need the headlights. :werd

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
devin_yzfr6 said:
so why did you put them on. what was wrong with your stock plastics. do you race. and if you do you dont need the headlights. :werd
stock ones got trashed last summer. so since they cost way to damn much I decided to get fiberglass instead. I know sharkskin makes street plastics but they cost too much also. one real cool thing about the race bodywork is it all comes off in two pieces instead of 5. it takes two minutes at the most and the whole bike is naked. and I dont have to worry about the other covers. or all those damn bolts.
lowers are $120 and the upper is $140. total $260
stocks are $244 for the upper. 158.80 each for the mids. 137.91 each for lowers$837.42 total for stock. without all the other inserts and crap.
you can clearly see the cost savings. that is if you have the resources to paint them yourself. which I do. I've already done the tank and the tail thats in the picture.

·
I ride her hard!!!
195 Posts
Did you have to buy a new upper fairing stay? Also, did you you zeus fasteners to fasten the upper and lower together, or did you just use the allen screws that came with the stock plastics?

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lvbluer6 said:
Did you have to buy a new upper fairing stay? Also, did you you zeus fasteners to fasten the upper and lower together, or did you just use the allen screws that came with the stock plastics?
its the factory fairing stay. and its new :hammer
the upper and lower are bolted together with the dezus fasteners. but I used the stock rubber grommets and bolts to secure the fairings to the frame.
if anyone is interested that exhaust bracket is from www.rocketbracket.com

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
blue03r6 said:
devin_yzfr6 said:
stock ones got trashed last summer. so since they cost way to damn much I decided to get fiberglass instead. I know sharkskin makes street plastics but they cost too much also. one real cool thing about the race bodywork is it all comes off in two pieces instead of 5. it takes two minutes at the most and the whole bike is naked. and I dont have to worry about the other covers. or all those damn bolts.
lowers are $120 and the upper is $140. total $260
stocks are $244 for the upper. 158.80 each for the mids. 137.91 each for lowers$837.42 total for stock. without all the other inserts and crap.
you can clearly see the cost savings. that is if you have the resources to paint them yourself. which I do. I've already done the tank and the tail thats in the picture.
yeah i race and have shark skin plastics. but i got mine used. i dont care about looks. but your right. if you do it right it will look good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts