Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be dynoing and making maps for my bike which will include.

Full gyt-r exhaust
velocity stacks
slide stop kit
BMC filter

Should have multiple maps available for anyone afterwards. :cheers

Can't wait!!

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
two things come to mind. 1. you suck cuz I'm jealous and 2. you should have some incredible material to post up afterwards. look forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Jealous**

Although I don't have the joy of a Power Commander to play with...

My carbs could SERIOUSLY benefit from a day witha a dyno and somebody who knows something about carbs

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jasamb- I'm definately with you there. My carbs really need some help from someone who knows what the hell they are doing. Anyone have any likes or dislikes about taking the bike to a good dealer and having them sync the carbs and such?

Rubber side down!

·
Registered
995 Posts
yo redline,could u do me a favour. i'm after a map,R6 03, with Akro' slip-on,KN filter,PCIII USB, Euro model.
the map on the PC site is ok, but i think it could b better,so c if anyone has the same stuff as me, and grab a copy please

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bravo.....Yeah, i see you've been looking for some time now. Thats a bummer. I don't know of anyone with those exact mods. You'll probably have to go for some dyno tuning yourself.

if you want, i should be able to make a map or two for my exhaust, the filter, and velocity stacks. Would be similar to what you might need.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a map for that same set up except its a graves full system not the yamaha. I will be curios to see how you come out. What state sre you in and can you send me a copy so i can compare it to mine. Thanks

what maps are you going to make...what combos?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Big_Deez... You should send me the map and I'll run it. Would be cool to see what works out. Graves claims a couple more top end, and GYT claims more torque and midrange, would be cool to designate for sure. I should have quite a few maps before i'm done. I'll probably be starting stock and working my way up to what works the best. And like i say, I'll be dynoing for the better part of at least 2 days.........lots of time.

This is going to be my first time personally custom tuning with a PC, so it will be a awesome learning experience for me, and i should have PLENTY of time to get the map i'm looking for.

I will be tuning by plug readings, not exhaust analyzers, and this dyno does not have forced air induction either. I'm oldschool, but either way, i'll still be able to see what's working and how safe i am.

Did you have your map made by someone or did you tune it yourself?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts