Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I sold my 06 600rr yesterday and am in the market for a replacement :). Was thinking of an 07 600rr or an 08r6 but the cbr's seem really hard to come by whereas I see the 08 r6's for sale more. Realistically speaking I don't want to spend more than $5500 for my next bike. Can an 08 be had with my budget? I always hear the 08 is better than the 06-07 so I definitely want an 08. Maybe I'd have a better chance early next year looking for an 08r6? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I guess just wait it out and find the right seller. In NY if people are selling now it's most likely because they can't keep it or need to sell.

Once it gets warmer I doubt you will find a 08 for that price.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Hey guys, I sold my 06 600rr yesterday and am in the market for a replacement :). Was thinking of an 07 600rr or an 08r6 but the cbr's seem really hard to come by whereas I see the 08 r6's for sale more. Realistically speaking I don't want to spend more than $5500 for my next bike. Can an 08 be had with my budget? I always hear the 08 is better than the 06-07 so I definitely want an 08. Maybe I'd have a better chance early next year looking for an 08r6? Thanks in advance
Have you rode on a R6 before? It's a little different from CBR's, should try it if you haven't. Whichever one fits you best in comfort and style. What type of riding do you typically do? If it's just street then any year will do but if it's racing I would avoid the 06-07 as they have some rod issues under heavy loads such as racing or stunting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey thanks for the link to the cbr. I actually saw that over on the cbr forums. I'm just hesitant why a $5500 bike is being sold for so cheap. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
my friend just bought an 08 cbr600rr graffiti edition with 2 sets of tires, jardine slip on, all sliders, and gps for 6k. not a bad price at all. just keep looking for the right deal and good luck

·
Registered
73 Posts
My previous bike was a 07 600RR and I actually didnt like it as they changed the riding position from the 03-06. The riding position is lame on the 07-up CBR. It felt more like a GSXR. Now I am on a 08 R6 which I love and paid $6300 canadian for with 3400kms and pretty much new so you probably could find one also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts