Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make long story short. Was out with two of my buddies at a local spot where alot of stunting normally takes place. Cops usually pretty cool about us being there. 12oclock at night some guy starts flippin out on us(turns out he was off duty police officer) when he came up to us we where all off of our bikes bs ing. Got ticket for racing on highways and could lose my license for 6 months. Cop said i have to bring an attorney$$$. Im pissed because i was sitting on the curb talking when he saw me, NOT racing! Any suggestions would be great

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
Wait, so you were in a parking lot when he came up to you and wrote a racing ticket out of no where? Is that the entire story? If so and if you can prove that you were on the curb you could probably get him fired.

My suggestion would be: was there a close by business? If so, were their security cameras? If so get a copy of the tape and let the judge see it....in the court room. That would be so awesome because not only would the officer get in trouble but he'd be committing purjury haha.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a dead end street that went back to a factory. no cars or houses anywhere around. he said he could hear us going as fast as our bikes would go. Bunch of bulls***

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
well our bikes do sound fast even when driving normally, especially if you normally drive at high rpm's lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
def. do sound fast all of the time haha. Just wanna get out of this ticket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Make sure they show the in car video of this. I'm a police offier in NJ and here an off-duty officer can not issue any citations unless he is in uniform, which in this case sounds as though he cannot. He can call backup from a uniformed officer, which might make it hard because you wouldn't have that video available. But definately talk to an attorney about this situation.

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
he said he could hear us going as fast as our bikes would go.
OK, that's pretty funny on his own statement because:

1) He heard you, didn't see you
2) How does he know that sound was you and not someone else?
3) How does a bike sound when it's "going as fast as it would go?" You gould be sitting still revving the motor.
4) He didn't see you doing anything illegal except maybe loitering.

You go to a safe private parking lot without traffic to practice your riding skills. You weren't racing on the street. End of story.

-D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He did call backup and officer who arived issued the citations. One who was on duty told us he would of given us warnings if the other officer wasnt so angry. The off duty officer swore at us like you have never heard b4 and none of us mouthed off at all to him. (City of Pittsburgh Police Officers)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the officer then changed his story from hearing us to observing us multiple times. If he saw us then i would have been in alot more trouble for the stoppies and wheelies that he would have seen. TICKET SAID: observed multiple times racing motorcycle upwards of 100mph

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we all got same ticket and they impounded one of my buddys bike for being on a motorcyle permit

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wait, so you were in a parking lot when he came up to you and wrote a racing ticket out of no where? Is that the entire story? If so and if you can prove that you were on the curb you could probably get him fired.

My suggestion would be: was there a close by business? If so, were their security cameras? If so get a copy of the tape and let the judge see it....in the court room. That would be so awesome because not only would the officer get in trouble but he'd be committing purjury haha.
+1 to that. This is sounds like your best bet... Good luck!

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts
Ask the officer in court what locations he saw you at doing the multiple racing of speeds of 100mph and the TIMES they happened. If he cant give you both it will get dismissed most likely. Also ask for his video taping of this, by law you are allowed to view the violation as the patrol car saw it. Its evidence of the state or town.

Whens the court date?

also i forgot to add, the importance of locations and times is so you can either A) pull up street cameras at the locations you were at during those times, or highway toll booths or w/e to disprove his lying ass or to pull the video up of the supposed location and there is a no show of bikes during that time. You will have to go back to court for this though as it requires time to get this evidence, but if you make a serious point the officer will revoke the ticket most likely it would seem.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I sent in not guilty citation a month ago and never got anything back about the court date??? thanks for advice evryone

1 - 20 of 41 Posts