Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the really messed up currency rate right now, is it worth it to buy anything from Europe such as exhausts? I was thinking about trying to pick up a Wolf exhaust for a buddy of mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not worth buying anything in the UK mate, unless it's something you can't buy over there. Everything is more expensive here than in the US hence why I import a lot of the things I buy.

·
Registered
995 Posts
yes keep ur cheese in ur pocket mate. RIPOFF BRITIAN OVER HERE :cuss

·
Registered
18 Posts
Be sure to hit some of the bike shops there - they'll have some stuff you've not seen in the US before.

But as far as any deals go - forget it. In the Uk, for example, they pay in pounds what we pay in dollars. For example, a helmet here might cost $300 while it costs 30o pound sthere. A pound equals around $1.60 to $1.75. So if you bought it there with American dollars, it'd cost you $480+.

This isn't true with everything, but not too far off on a lot of stuff either. Anythiung that you can buy in the USA will definitely be a lot cheaper.

Having said that, there's lots of cool UK made stuff that you just can't get here as easily: crowtree leathers, BK leathers and some others. It's worth having a look at those while you're there.

Rent a bike while you're there - you can rent just about anything as fare as bikes go - even R6's. Not like the USA where you can only rent HD, BMW and Gold Wings.

Have fun!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be in London...what shops are you recommending that are close to the London area that I should visit? Also if you have the addresses that would be great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts