Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to paint the fairing bots a matching red to go with the scheme.

Also, im looking for ways to make a black bike visable at night, so im thinking of clearcoating the red bolts with the reflective spray paint.

What do you think? Anyone done this before?

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I think it would be better the dark red would look nice and less visible than the metallic stock. Do it and take pics!

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
Try and find some anodized bolts instead of painting yours. Also, if you want a way to be visable at night, get some extra lights on your bike.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
I painted mine too, but black not red.My thread is on here too.

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You think red is overkill? Mabye Black instead??

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
I dont know if it's overkill, but it will stand out for sure.I went with black because, well it's just me.My car has the same theme, black w/ a little blue here & there.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Try some reflective rim strips to be seen they will do wonders, and you dont need to run wiring for lights. These will only help you to be seen from the side. For the front try some HIDs and an LED tail light for the rear. Good luck with the bolts!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I agree Paint them Dark metalic red. Do it like the candy apple matte on the mid fairing of the 08 R1. That would look hot. Or if you have other chrome on the bike chrome dip them... Careful though if you paint them it will eventually chip off. Especially at high speeds, and especially when you put them back on with the screw driver...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts