Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
roaming gnome
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any Texas peeps, I'm headed to Texas World Speedway this weekend. It'll be my first time there so I'm looking forward to it. I serviced the forks yesterday, re-installed and set up the bike, checked fluids/nuts&bolts/chain tension today. For once, I'm actually ahead of the curve for a trackday.
If anyone else is headed down there let me know and maybe we can meet up!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
im heading up from Houston, will be there sat and sunday if i can last through the heat.

TWS is super fun track, just be prepared for some bumps.

also i recommend you go on you tube and watch some videos on track. , last time i was there there were mulitple instances in the novice and intermediate groups where the rider forgot the layout of the track and took a turn into a cut-off area of the track, one of the instances was a pretty bad collision of a new rider with an instructor.

just try to get a good mental image of the track.

·
Prof AZN Lowballer
311 Posts
yes, you are right, when you coming out the last turn with your throttle pinned, if you dont want to decrease your speed you would drift high, and you can stay high all the way right before turn one and cut sharply into turn one.

the reason why i said "dont go too high" it is because not a lot of people go right next to the wall, it might have a lot of debris up there.

I knew that because friend of mine went high and stuffed me right before the turn one told me that. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts