Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have had my Sixer for about 2 weeks now and I already got one ticket, got cursed out, swerved at, cut off, raced buy cars multiple times, told by an old lady that sportbikes should be outlawed, and hit on more times than I count on two hands. :mrgreen: Mostly today! Now, I have been riding for about a year now on a 2000 GS-500 and have never had this much attention before. Is this normal? I am still learing to control my speed, but there is just so much throttle and oh so tempting.

Anyways, I was just wondering what everybody out there on their Sixer's expierences on a day to day basis.

The Sixer is my only vehicle now. I used to have a 98 Eclipse GSX (too slow) and my girlfriend will soon be buying a new Mercedes C230 Coupe, which I get to drive :cheers Do you guys drive too? If so, what?

Thanks everyone,

-Robert

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've raced a few cars, nothing of competition. Get yelled at by girls every once in a while, hit on, whatever you wanna call it. I also get swerved at by country ass ******** in there big pickup trucks.

I drive a 00 Ranger Sport (whoo whooo), and my 69 Barracuda occasionally (for sale :hammer )...

·
Registered
486 Posts
sorry about the ticket..i got targeted by an ass hole cop just because i ride a rocket...improper lane usage and failure to use a turn signal (i'm innocent in both cases) but because it looks fast, sounds fast, and is fast i got targeted. BUT the ladies love it and i'd cry with out it. too bad she's out of commision waiting for a new battery

keep it safe man
btw..i've got a beater car that i've only filled up with gas once this summer :drink

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to the daily life of a R6 rider. I have smiliar experiences every day. Just be on the look out for the unknowing drivers, because they do yell at you even when they cut you off and almost kill you. Enjoy the attention that every girl gives you. Most of all enjoy the great thrill it is to ride a R6.

As for my driver. 2001 Audi S4

·
Registered
613 Posts
Wecome to the forum. I don't think that the problem is that people hate the rockets, they just hate that they don't have one. On a typical day i get lots of people cranking their necks to have a gander, occasionaly spit at by jeleous boys in their rust buckets, but i also get a compliment once in a while. Just keep your cool in all situations. The sixxer is no place to bring your anger or frustration on. Other than that, keep'er rubber side down. :hump

Oh, my ride....Was an 85 VW Turbo Diesle Jetta (it's funny how i pay a fraction of the insurance with the bike, yet it goes alot faster)

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
as for me its the same. and yes the speed thing is tempting. seems like if i go to the posted speed limit. i am only using 1/3 of the throttle. where is the fun in that.

as for my whips, '00 durango, 03 tacoma and 55 vw beetle.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yeah man I feel your pain. What I hate this most is when cars think their the big bad bullie. They know they car cover with steel and your cover with flesh. I have almost been run off the road, idiot slam on their brakes for no reason, old ladies putting a grin on their face. :cuss

The ladies hitting on you is pretty nice...get a few numbers :cheers

·
Registered
503 Posts
My worst scenario was a new Dodge truck (fucking bastards!!!!!!!!!!! excuse my lingo, but damn it!!!! I hate them!!!! and those who drive them!!!!) with stupid "Hemi" engine.

Guys watch out for those dang Hemi drivers, they're ego is monsterous as is their truck and they will kill you (I'm not kidding). But, the worst was one that just slammed his breaks on just to piss me off. There wasn't any traffic in front of him, nor was he in a threatning position.

Other times where woman have cut me off, and the punks kids just think their cool - well, I just pass them... hehe...

But, yeah man, watch out for Hemi's, ladies in minivans, and old people, and people talking on cell phones...

-Solace

P.S. Be safe out there... and yes, my girlfriend does all the staring I need, but yes... the ladies will and do stare a lot! And it's fun to look at hots chicks with their boyfriends in the car, pisses them off and makes them jealous... try it sometime (be warned though, they could get vicious!), lol.

·
Registered
281 Posts
my buddy once told me, "some people ride for kicks, others ride for chicks". i have to say that i fall into both categories :mrgreen: :boob

the way i figure it when i ride, nobody is your friend but other bikes, so watch out ALWAYS. i humor the cute girls that holler, laugh at the dicks in 'hemi's' that think they're bad, give the finger to morons on phones and :cuss at those who nearly kill me. ahh a day in the life of someone with a bike... :cheers wouldn't give it up for anything :hump

other ride: '89 wrangler. moab=good times :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ride a Honda CB400 Superfour. It's a 400cc bike for the Japanese home market and other Asian countries such as Singapore. Can't wait till 2005 so that I can get the new R6 which is expected to be loaded with all the latest features such as radial brakes, upside down forks and underseat exhaust.

I didn't know that there is such an active sportsbike scene in the US, considering the cold weather you guys have over there. I once rode a friend's bike in Canada many years ago and nearly fell off as I literally froze due to the cold weather!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I've only had a couple of bad runins with morons in cages....one time some guy thought we were following too close so he stopped his car in the middle of the street, got out and tried to rip me off my bike...I kicked him and went on my merry way....the other time some old bastard and his slut wife were riding my ass and was just layed on the horn for about 1/4 just a cussin and screamin at me to get out of their way.....I was like WTF????Made it to the next light, they pulled right up next to me and wouldn't look at me, so what do I do, I bang it off the revlimiter a couple of times, they jump, drop her into first, kick off the mirrow on his new Caddy CTS and take off....Old fuckers.....

and how sick is it to see some chic eyefuckin you to death with her dude sittin in the seat next to her....i laugh and speed off....unless she's cute, the i ask her for her number... :hammer

ohh yea my ride is a 80 Jeep CJ-7. I'm looking into buyin either a G35 or an 03 Maxima

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have only had one bad experience - someone following too close.

I don't think that this will work the other way guys looking at girls on bike? Maybe though it seems like there are way more girls out there now.

I can only hope :jump

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys. I am glad to see that i am not alone out there. Its greart when you find another bike to ride with. More targets for the cagers. :roll:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Always ride with your high beams on! My buddy was going down the freeway and took off his helmet and smashed a ladys windshield once, that was way cool. :cheers Also cary ceramic ball bearings, or spark plug shards. Then old fuckers in cadillacs and ******** get to replace new windows! :hammer :hammer

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
dianaspicer said:
I have only had one bad experience - someone following too close.

I don't think that this will work the other way guys looking at girls on bike? Maybe though it seems like there are way more girls out there now.

I can only hope :jump
Ummm, I'd be starin hardcore if a badass chic rolled up on an R6, with or without a girl in the car.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.