Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Roll Tide Roll
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so it is time to replace the rear tire on my bike for the first time. J have been reading around and everyone seems to agree that the pilot powers work best for the 6 but i am wondering if anyone knows of maybe some offbrand tires that will work just as well with a smaller price tag. I dont want to be too cheap on tire because they are whats keeping me and my face off the pavement so i want them to be good. but i just got home from college and havent found a summer job yet and want to have some gas money leftover once i get the new tires. An ideas would be great.

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
if you want cheap

check craigslist for used take off's. you can usually find used tires for absoluate dirt that will get you a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Pirelli Diablo Strada's. You can pick 'em up on the internet for 130 shipped (Rear) and 104 shippd (Front). The rubber is the only part that touches the road. Do you really want to cheap out on your safety and buy off-brand, or used tires???

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
I wouldn't go cheap on your tires. Good tires for the rear are 120 to 150.

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
Of all the major brands, Bridgestone Battlax is the cheapest I've seen. Then Dunlop just a few bucks more.

The Battlax BT002 RS is suppose to be compatable with the Corsa III's, Pilot Power 2CT's, because it's dual compound also. Once you start looking for cheaper tires from the namebrand's, you're now looking into the sport/touring category. I would stick with the top namebrands: Bridgestone, Dunlop, Michelins, Metzeler, Pirelli. I wouldn't venture in getting: Cheng Shin, Avon, Maxxis, etc.

You can get the Battlax from here for about $270 shipped.
http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL TIRES/Bridgestone/Bridgestone MC/Bridgestone_bt002_ss_race.htm

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
i got my power2ct for $150 from my dealer

·
R Sizzle
63 Posts
check motoxoutlet.com, they have real good prices on tires. I got a set of qualifiers shipped for $230.

·
Roll Tide Roll
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I decided tires are too important and just went ahead with the pilot powers. Thanks for the info though.

·
Search Button Nazzi
89 Posts
you just missed an awesome deal at cycle gear... front and a rear for 160 bucks...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
just bought a new pirelli diablo strada from a cycle gear store today after mount balance and road hazard it was 205$ it seams like the compuond was a little harder than my pilot powers which is what i wanted since i do so much commuting and all the roads around here are straight i think i'm gonna stick with the pilot powers front though it still has good tread on it and i feel confident on it

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
My favorite tires are Maxxis Supermaxx, they're not the most expensive and they arent the cheapest. So far they've been perfect for everything ive done with them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts