Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I crash my R6
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Looking for a good jet kit for my 01 R6 and was wondering whats the best and whats the best for the price.... I saw one on eBay for 100 it's a dynojet. Tempted to buy it just wondering what others think...:toocool:

·
I crash my R6
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I run the factory pro 1.1 ti kit, or something along those lines. Most favor the Factory pro kit. Lots of people like the Ivan's jet kits also. The factory pro customer service is excellent. The dude knows the bikes very well, and I've even heard of him sending people different jets possibly for free to correct whatever the issue was.

The link in my sig has all the instructions and pics on how to do it, etc also.

I'm finding in the colder weather I'm running a hair lean. I'm over 1000 feet above sea level tho, and I have velocity stacks, and run almost no oil on my oem air filter too, and have the HR1 which flows way more than any other slip on.. Regardless, there's your info.

Honestly tho, you don't need to ever buy a jet kit for ANY bike. All you need to do is order the main jets (They sell em all over the web on MAD sites), and you can shim your factory needles, which is supposed to be the best method anyway. You could save like $100 going this route man.. I was just on a buying frenzy so I dropped the loot. If you want I can help you find all the stuff you need, etc since i need to get it all or most/some of it for myself anyway.

·
I crash my R6
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run the factory pro 1.1 ti kit, or something along those lines. Most favor the Factory pro kit. Lots of people like the Ivan's jet kits also. The factory pro customer service is excellent. The dude knows the bikes very well, and I've even heard of him sending people different jets possibly for free to correct whatever the issue was.

The link in my sig has all the instructions and pics on how to do it, etc also.

I'm finding in the colder weather I'm running a hair lean. I'm over 1000 feet above sea level tho, and I have velocity stacks, and run almost no oil on my oem air filter too, and have the HR1 which flows way more than any other slip on.. Regardless, there's your info.

Honestly tho, you don't need to ever buy a jet kit for ANY bike. All you need to do is order the main jets (They sell em all over the web on MAD sites), and you can shim your factory needles, which is supposed to be the best method anyway. You could save like $100 going this route man.. I was just on a buying frenzy so I dropped the loot. If you want I can help you find all the stuff you need, etc since i need to get it all or most/some of it for myself anyway.
Wow thanks for all the info, and the offer for the help!:toocool::toocool:

I just bought the dynojet one off eBay for $99...lol I Hope it helps...

Well I live in hawaii i can get up to 3k feet but also sea- level in the same day lol... And its never cold.... What do you think i should set mine at?

·
I crash my R6
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and the kit comes with instructions, but does it tell you what to run all the settings at ie (float height,needle clip setting,and mixture screw setting)? i figure it's different for everyone...

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Oh and the kit comes with instructions, but does it tell you what to run all the settings at ie (float height,needle clip setting,and mixture screw setting)? i figure it's different for everyone...
I don't know what the dynojet kit is like, but generally they give you a starting point as far as the needle clip, etc. They should include some basic info on how/what to do if the bike bogs, or wheezes, etc..

What pipe do you have? Stock air filter? This makes a huge difference.

Also, It's probably hot there a lot. What's the average temp? Here it can be in the high 90's or in the low 60's this time of year..

Generally I'd suggest starting 2.5 turns out on the pilot screws and the needles 2 lines from the top of the needle. It's a good starting point. There's a carb settings thread. Make sure you post up your settings and results. We are tryin to get a decent thread together with a bunch of info. Also post up the jet sizes.

And the float height info and specs are in the service manual

·
I crash my R6
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know what the dynojet kit is like, but generally they give you a starting point as far as the needle clip, etc. They should include some basic info on how/what to do if the bike bogs, or wheezes, etc..

What pipe do you have? Stock air filter? This makes a huge difference.

Also, It's probably hot there a lot. What's the average temp? Here it can be in the high 90's or in the low 60's this time of year..

Generally I'd suggest starting 2.5 turns out on the pilot screws and the needles 2 lines from the top of the needle. It's a good starting point. There's a carb settings thread. Make sure you post up your settings and results. We are tryin to get a decent thread together with a bunch of info. Also post up the jet sizes.

And the float height info and specs are in the service manual
Ok thanks for the info i will post all my stuff when i get my jet kit.

I have a yoshi rs-3 slip on, and a k&n air filter which i wanna switch to a stock or uni which ever is better....

Oh and the average high is 83 and low is 63

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Ok thanks for the info i will post all my stuff when i get my jet kit.

I have a yoshi rs-3 slip on, and a k&n air filter which i wanna switch to a stock or uni which ever is better....

Oh and the average high is 83 and low is 63
Everyone says the stock filter is the best. It's only gonna come with one set of jets probably, so try em both, but I bet the OEM is gonna be the better of the two. There's some turbulence issues I think with the aftermarket ones. The guy at factory pro and a mechanic who used to race the carb'd R6's both told me to go OEM.. Try em both and keep us posted! Especially on those jet #'s, etc

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
+1 on the Factory Pro stuff. Marc is really extremely thorough in his development and testing. He's done good things with Yamaha's for years.

And +1 on the OEM filter. I only use washable filters for the ability to reuse them. I realize there is no power gain.

·
I crash my R6
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everyone says the stock filter is the best. It's only gonna come with one set of jets probably, so try em both, but I bet the OEM is gonna be the better of the two. There's some turbulence issues I think with the aftermarket ones. The guy at factory pro and a mechanic who used to race the carb'd R6's both told me to go OEM.. Try em both and keep us posted! Especially on those jet #'s, etc
Thanks again for the info. I will keep you guys posted in that thread you named above.

Oh and is the uni filter same as OEM? Or should i just go with OEM?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts