Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone i posted this at the other r6 forum the other day so i thought i would try here seeing as this seems to be a busier board

so i am new here but i have been looking at purchasing an 08 r6. i have been riding my buddies gixxer but my true love is the r6 so its time for my own bike. so i went into the yamaha dealership and got approved under their credit but only for 5k. apparently my credit is good but i have only had credit at all since november of last year or so as that is when i purchased my car. soo needless to say i dont have the other 4500 layin around lol maybe about a thousand. so does anyone know of a good place to finance a bike through for people who dont have the best credit or maybe just dont have a long enough credit history?

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Have your dealer call ge moneybank. They do not do personal loans but they do dealer loans and have a high approval rate.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? thank you so much thats the first positive answer i have received yet. ill ask them tomorrow or thrusday my day off. ayone else have any good suggestions? :toocool:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Have the dealer you are getting the bike through to call them...they will not talk to you about it.

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
i had the same cituation just got my credit in last december and i got approved for 12,500 on the yamaha credit card i belive its threw hsbc bank

·
Registered
208 Posts
yea GE money bank approved me. i didnt get the interest rate i wanted because of a screw up my bank made on my credit..... apparently none of the credit i was supposed to get from previous loans through my bank ever got put on my name so when i financed my bike i had near zero credit. didnt have bad credit but only very little history showing to my name

but hey... i got my yami :) :)

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
if u can wait a few weeks, look for a CC with a 0% intro rate for the first year. then divide up the amount u charged by 12 months and be disciplined enough to make your own payments accordingly.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
i love how other people tell u how to spend ur money. do whatever u want, bro. just bc u don't have the money lying around doesn't mean u can't afford it...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah im not sure what i should do i even called the credit union i belong to in which my car loan is through but apprently they have pretty strict loan policys and given my car loan was a co sign wouldnt approve me for my own. so not sure what i should do. save up the other 4 k? but that would take quite awhile and i was hoping to aquire this bike before summer is over. so i was hoping to find a good bank sense i dont wanna keep running my credit a bunch of times. hmm well still unsure what i should do. and as i said i got approved under the yamaha financing the HSBC or whoever but only for 5 k. so hmm kinda stuck lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ps. if anyone has had experience with hsbc let me know how it went/going cus i have found info online or rather horror stories about them. thanks again!

·
Registered
378 Posts
did you have the dealer call them?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
havent contacted the dealership again prolly will today after work or thursday when im off. i have just been trying to gather as much info as possible before i go in and possibly run credit again

1 - 20 of 29 Posts