Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new to this forum and just looking to see where I can get a tune up bought the bike about 6 months ago and pretty sure the previous owner didn't really take care of the bike wanna take it to a shop and see what all needs to be fixed if anything..
And just wanna get it running right I'm from Anaheim if that helps

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Aloha!!!!

DIY son.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean I've changed the spark plugs filter and all that good stuff but I'm talking about like seeing if anything else is wrong like if it's runing the way it should

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
I mean I've changed the spark plugs filter and all that good stuff but I'm talking about like seeing if anything else is wrong like if it's runing the way it should
Welcome,
What year bike & how Does it run?

"It just doesn't matter"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome,

"It just doesn't matter"
03 and honestly to me it feels slow before we changed the spark plugs I think it was miss firing and after felt better but that was like 3 months ago now feels like it doesn't have good power for example I'm in like 2 gear around 7k do a quick pull to see what it feels like and redline take it to third and just don't feel the whoooo feeling you get me

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
Welcome,

"It just doesn't matter"
Lol never mind, I just saw you screen name..lol.
But still, how does it run?

"It just doesn't matter"

817 Posts
Call the dealer with your VIN and mileage handy, ask them if the coil FDM has been done. That could be your power loss/mis-firing issue. If it hasn't been done, they'll swap the coils at no charge. You could have a front sprocket nut FDM that needs to be done as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Call the dealer with your VIN and mileage handy, ask them if the coil FDM has been done. That could be your power loss/mis-firing issue. If it hasn't been done, they'll swap the coils at no charge. You could have a front sprocket nut FDM that needs to be done as well.
For sure thank bro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts