Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Motorcycle Race VIP Guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys wear under your 1-piece?

Just got my 1-piece in my mail and trying to figure out whats the best thing to wear under it when I attend track days this year or wear it on spirited rides.

Certain material that helps slide the suit on and off easier than others?

·
I have 2 belly buttons.
1,951 Posts
There are a few companies that make 1pc undersuits, I've heard good things about the Moto-D undersuit. I personally just wear a long sleeve under armour shirt and a pair of under armour leggings.

·
Will work 4 trackdays!!!
741 Posts
I personally just wear a long sleeve under armour shirt and a pair of under armour leggings.
+1, but the Nike version. Keeps you cool and dry on warm days and helps the suit slide on a tad easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
She wants me to twist it!
882 Posts
Picked up the reebok stay cool gear in long sleeve and long pants from dicks for half off when the season changed. Works great!

·
Motorcycle Race VIP Guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I was thinking Under Armour, but I'll definitely look into Nike, Reebok and some of the cheaper stuff too.

Gonna have to shoot by Dicks one of these days and see what they got.

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
I have Under Armor but they are pricey. :thumbdown

I recommend a two piece set for warm weather and a two piece set for cold weather. :cheers

The few times I wore just a tank top under my one piece suit I felt like the thing would never come off. :eek5

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
I use under armour compression shorts, whatever socks I pull out of the drawer that day, and a long sleeve under armour heat gear shirt. Long sleeve is clutch, because you can slide in and out (TWSS) of the suit easier with it on.. And you don't get a sunburn!

...and the chicks dig it.

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Psycleskins undersuit here. Two seasons and still in great shape. Also under $60

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
I use under armour compression shorts, whatever socks I pull out of the drawer that day, and a long sleeve under armour heat gear shirt. Long sleeve is clutch, because you can slide in and out (TWSS) of the suit easier with it on.. And you don't get a sunburn!

Exactly this

·
Derp
1,308 Posts

This...PLUS

If you have to poop a 1 piece sucks! :thumbdown

·
Parts Pimp
26,461 Posts
Just get some tight athletic leggings from Kohls. I got mine for <$20. Just as good as the expensive Under Armour ones.

For upper body, a long sleeve compression shirt as well.

I tried compression shorts for my first few track days, but the full leggings are way better.
I have a starter one and it works well, but it's getting pilly from my belly rubbing it into my suit I guess? Under armour has held up much better for me.

I also have a few of the Army issued under armour shirts and they are the tits for sure!!!

Dual purpose.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App
:laugh

·
Registered
440 Posts
+1 for Moto-D. I got mine for less than the cost of UnderArmor shirt and pants. I usually wear that on Saturday and then on Sunday I mix match between UnderArmor and Nike compression stuff.

·
Theturtle7023
1,102 Posts
Anybody wear a turtleneck? I've never had the problem before, but this past weekend I got rub burn all the way around my neck. It was extremely painful.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Anybody wear a turtleneck? I've never had the problem before, but this past weekend I got rub burn all the way around my neck. It was extremely painful.
I've only ever had issues with sunburn, and the suit rubbing my neck where it was burned.. Never "rug burn" though. What are you doing on your suit? :hump

1 - 20 of 37 Posts