Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious what a good warm up temperature was for an r6. I'm assuming its relatively the same for all models. Even though I do have a 2001 which is carbureted. Any ideas?

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
Most people say 140°. I'll start riding then, but I baby it to 165~

·
I get paid to get high
735 Posts
It won't rev very high until it's around 150+. I usually start her up and then put my jacket/gloves/ear plugs/helmet, and she's 170ish by the time I'm ready to go.

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
Don't let her idle too long. Oil pump doesn't make enough pressure to lubricate the engine properly at idle

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
the oil psi issue is more of a problem with 3rd gen.. I dont' see any reason why you can't just start and ride away instantly, provided you take it easy till the temp comes up. 185f is an operating temp of most bikes.. i won't let my race bikes see any track time till they have been to 185f, then SAT for 30 min. But a street bike i wouldn't worry too much, just don't go crazy for a bit.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Most people say 140°. I'll start riding then, but I baby it to 165~
165+ The bike doesn't run for shit unless it's choked below 165.

He's talking about a first gen, and believe me... they run terribly until warmed up.
true story! Seems to take forever man, but it really doesn't run well below 160-170 even when properly jetted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it bad to start running them right after the "Low" signal goes off? I usually let mine get to around 130 then start riding. I take it pretty easy till 165.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where are the screws?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts