Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Needs a ride to the track
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have been on here for a while now and have done my first track day at buttonwillow this past satruday. So its time to start a thread. First off I would like to say lets ride runs a tight ship and everything went very very smoothly. I would also like to give a shout out to his6 and hers6. Thanks for the invite to pit next to you two and thank you Mark for the help on the track.

I was pretty nervous the first session. I only have a few thousand miles of seat time commuting and angeles crest. After the first 2 sessions I calmed down a lot and just had a blast. The thing that I loved about the track is at least that track ran counter clockwise is way more technical and challenging then the canyons. SO you are forced to get better much quicker then in the canyons. I think I learned more yesterday then I did since I got my bike. I was really stiff in the beginning and seemed like I was progressing towards the end of the day. Turn 2 was a beast. As the day went on the turns that I had a really tough time with became my favorite. I don't know how that happened but It did. By no means was I fast. I just focused on my lines and had fun.

The search for a track bike has already started. I did not like having the thought of if I crashed I would have no means of transportation since I daily my R6. :swordfigh

did not get any good pics cause my pics are not that good plain and simple. Some of you will be seeing me at the track quite often for years to come. LOVE IT like I do :boob and :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Its addicting be careful. Any track is better then any street all day. No cops no cars with dumbasses on the phone nothing but a 40 foot wide paved track designed to test your skills and have fun on.

Don't worry about speed learn your lines and body position and the speed will come. It might sound crazy but on the track you have to go slow to go fast. The most important thing about the track is HAVE FUN!!!!

Good luck on your next track day

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its addicting be careful. Any track is better then any street all day. No cops no cars with dumbasses on the phone nothing but a 40 foot wide paved track designed to test your skills and have fun on.

Don't worry about speed learn your lines and body position and the speed will come. It might sound crazy but on the track you have to go slow to go fast. The most important thing about the track is HAVE FUN!!!!

Thanks man. I am already hooked. I took my time very much. But by the looks of my back tire and they don't lie I definetly improved by the end of the day. It was amazing. The instructors all took a little time and worked with me. One of them riding a weird green color R6 was awesome he would hit the turn and then look back and give me a thumbs up if good thumbs down if not. It was awesome. It really makes you think and I was mentally beat at the end of the day. :cheers and all you so cal guys will be seeing me a lot this year and the ones to follow. :fact

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts

This...x a mllion

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4/18. It's a Friday. There's one spot left in C group. Go jump on it! :)

www.trackdaz.com
Hahaha if I could I would. I cant take any more time off work till May. I am looking at doing about another 6 track days this year. I just need to get a second bike. So I don't have to worry about crashing my daily driver. haha I will be back at a track in may for sure and hopefully have a new set of wheels. Thinking of getting another 07 r6. Just incase something comes up the day or 2 before a track day I can pull part of the pretty bike and replace later. Already started searching wera. :nocontrol

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
4/18. It's a Friday. There's one spot left in C group. Go jump on it! :)

www.trackdaz.com
What is the deal with you west coast people? It seems the east coast and west coast classify the groups differently. East coast, it's pretty much a given that "A" = advanced, "I" = intermediate, and usually "B" or "N" = beginner or novice. What the hell does "C" mean?!

Edit: I meant the track day orgs in general, not the specific people riding at the events

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is the deal with you west coast people? It seems the east coast and west coast classify the groups differently. East coast, it's pretty much a given that "A" = advanced, "I" = intermediate, and usually "B" or "N" = beginner or novice. What the hell does "C" mean?!

Edit: I meant the track day orgs in general, not the specific people riding at the events
C means I am SLOOOOOWWWWW. Beginner class.

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice meeting you this weekend! :cheers

Glad you had a great day. And like I said before...no turning back now! :D
It was nice meeting you and Mark as well. Great people. Sorry I was not the most sociable. My brain was on constantly focused on what I needed to do next session to improve. And hopefully next time you see me it will be on a track bike. I should be scheduling with you guys again for may. And oh yeah I won one of the raffles. suspension DVD from david moss. I also had him set up my suspension while I was there man did he get a good laugh when he checked it the first time. haha

·
Meh
9,250 Posts

Seriously. The group naming out here is kind of a cluster ****. Advanced / Intermediate / Novice

Makes the most sense. Most groups here use A/B/C or I/II/III, which doesn't really let you know what group is what. I've heard of orgs using colors elsewhere (thankfully not in SoCal). That's even dumber.

"Dude I finally made it to ***hsia!!!!"

Is that good?

edit: lulz, f u c h s i a

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
Oh Gawd not another with the Laguna Seca suit! :hammer

·
....Casper....
719 Posts
Oh Gawd not another with the Laguna Seca suit! :hammer
lol, i picked up my laguna seca suit off a member here for a deal :toocool:

congrats on making it through the first day! im still trying to plan out my second time :lmao

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol, i picked up my laguna seca suit off a member here for a deal :toocool:

congrats on making it through the first day! im still trying to plan out my second time :lmao
Thanks man. I am one of those guys that when he gets into something goes overboard. I am going to have my second day planned out and purchased by the end of this weekend..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
....Casper....
719 Posts
Thanks man. I am one of those guys that when he gets into something goes overboard. I am going to have my second day planned out and purchased by the end of this weekend..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
:YEA i landed an internship 900 miles from home this summer/fall and not gonna be able to take the bike with me so this whole season is shot to shit. :bash but at least the pay is good :fact

1 - 20 of 219 Posts