Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have a long ways to go, and I'm working on it. Feel free to toss out suggestions if you want. After seeing this video, I'll be making a few changes right away. Getting my shoulders down a lot further as well as open to the corner, etc.

I just got a Traxxion Dynamics front and Penske Rear, and this was my second day on them. I also just got some race DOT tires and warmers instead of street tires with no warmers, added a quick shifter, and some HP to the mix. Moved up into the advanced group immediately after lunch on Saturday. :) Took this video on Sunday. A rider coach follows me, and I follow a few coaches, all of which, are friends. That's why I didn't try to pass anyone for a few laps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfu7zNN8fNQ&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Lookin' real good, I would say in some areas you could be a gear lower use the throttle a little more, otherwise mess with gearing next. Who was the music by in your video?
Thanks for the feedback. I play with gearing a lot, this weekend it was 17/45 (stock is 15/48), which is what I use at Brainerd International Raceway on the comp course. Having 110+ RWHP in an 03 R6 also makes it easier to run gearing that is a little tall for this track. This track is just a track at a local technical college that we put on an advanced riding school at, it's not really a racetrack, so I don't really pay much attention to gearing here. If I was, I would just gear it as short as possible. I've got a quickshifter. lol

I agree with you completely, there is a spot before the short straightaway where I shift into 3rd, and upon watching this video I decided to not shift up to 3rd anymore. There are also a few spots (double apexes) where I sit at the same speed when I should be increasing speed, and then trail braking into the second apex.

I didn't mention it in the original post, but last year I started riding the track and on my R6 was an ok intermediate rider. I showed up Saturday at the track and something clicked and I'm suddenly a TON faster. So I'm new to this pace. A lot of this video I am following another rider. I think it's only 2 or 3 laps that I don't have anyone in front, and I felt like I was riding at maybe 75%. I'm going to be doing a double header at Road America this month, we'll see how it goes there!

The music is Sithu Aye - "Invent the Universe". <-Link

1 - 4 of 4 Posts