Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like it say, i have read many reports about problems with memory cards not working, and also with the R3 setting (720p?):dunce:

i just bought mine;) and haven't picked up a memory card yet, so for those of you who picked one up in the GB or have one, what are you using for a memory car? and does it play clear/not choppy?:confused:

List the size/brand, and what setting you use...?

let me know fella's! Im hoping to order this weekend!
Thanks!

:toocool:

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
i bought a crappy one off ebay, then realized it couldn't keep up with the amount of data the camera was putting out. so i was told by another member here that the patriot series was both semi-affordable AND recommended by gopro directly. snagged one, and got 5 sessions worth of recording, and still have ~9gb left on the card, and about half a battery, all while filming the 20 minute session on R3. :) (fyi, it's a class 10 card - the best you can buy at the moment, i believe)

http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Class-Flash-Memory-PSF16GSDHC10/dp/B002TA86C8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268406544&sr=8-1

edit: and yes, when i play directly to the TV, it works like a champ. watching you run in HD on a 56" tv is exhilarating. however, my PC has a hard time with the playback - prolly cause it's about a 6 year old machine. :nono

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ thanks AGG

Bump, for anyone else on the night crew, just checking all my options..

let me know please! i know some of you have this camera!:secret

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
i bought a crappy one off ebay, then realized it couldn't keep up with the amount of data the camera was putting out. so i was told by another member here that the patriot series was both semi-affordable AND recommended by gopro directly. snagged one, and got 5 sessions worth of recording, and still have ~9gb left on the card, and about half a battery, all while filming the 20 minute session on R3. :) (fyi, it's a class 10 card - the best you can buy at the moment, i believe)

http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Class-Flash-Memory-PSF16GSDHC10/dp/B002TA86C8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268406544&sr=8-1

edit: and yes, when i play directly to the TV, it works like a champ. watching you run in HD on a 56" tv is exhilarating. however, my PC has a hard time with the playback - prolly cause it's about a 6 year old machine. :nono
Sorry to be a pain, but that's the EXACT one you use? I put my 8gb SDHC in mine and that fcuker took no video at all, so I assumed I needed a regular SD card..

Maybe I should just format it via the menu on the camera and try again? I thought I videotaped my entire first ride, but came home to nof ucking video on the card. Man I was pissed.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I've been using a micro SD with adapter in mine. took it out of my cellphone lol. works like a charm.
Good call, so a microsd with an SD adaptor then.. I tried to format my card using the on screen menu, but whenever I hit the shutter button it just flases quickly, beeps then increments the number of videos.. I am starting to lose patience!!

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts

·
9OH7
199 Posts
Kingston SDHC 16GB Class 10 is what I use. Works great, I've been using my camera to shoot random trips in the truck.

short video with my GoPro

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
anything at least class 4. i use a sandisk class 4 8 gig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts