Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've sold a few GoPro cameras and I was thinking that it would be fun to have a video competition! This camera is very easy to use and comes with various mounts which you can stick practically anywhere on your bike to get some cool angles. I had never used Windows Movie Maker before but made a pretty decent video in about an hour, so its not hard to make one.

Anyway, I will run the contest for just over a month which should give you guys some time to get on the track, the canyons or anywhere you go for some sweet footage. At the end of the contest we will narrow them down to the 5 best videos. Then I will post a poll so we can vote on which of those 5 is the best. The winner from this site will make it to the finals against the top video from other forums which will be posted on my website for final voting. The poll will be open for a week and the chosen winner will receive a $100 credit towards anything I carry, as well as a Cycle Sector shirt and stickers :)

If you don't already have a GoPro camera you can get it through me for a great promo price I'm currently running. Please check www.cyclesector.com or PM me for pricing.

Here are the rules:

1. Video must contain footage of you on your bike.
2. Videos must be new, not an old video made months ago.
3. You can use other video from another camera, but the majority must be from a GoPro camera.
4. Entries need to be posted on any video host site and the links pasted in this thread.
5. All entries need to be submitted by April 15th.

I encourage you guys to be as creative as a possible with your videos; cool editing and cool music will definitely earn you points :) Please also be safe in making your videos, wear appropriate gear and don't do anything stupid that will endanger you or anyone else. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys will come up with!

Thanks!

D

·
Avid Enthusiast
7,408 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, but how many people actually have this camera? A buddy of mine just bought one so I might have a good reason to go steal it from him now.

·
Registered
236 Posts
cool idea... cant wait to see the entries

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I just realized most of my vids are of me cruising... nothing too crazy... :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ5QLntVGy0&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=5481DFF289545D85&index=0

^^ Highway 9... that was fun... my boy went down that day... but he rode away... so it was all good
I think the idea is to make a new video and do some editing and make ONE stellar video. Maybe get a couple different videos and different shots and edit them together....

Ooops, I think I'm giving away ideas now

·
I can ban you
33,574 Posts
HAHAH I'm WAY to lazy to edit these things... And with the way my work is going now I prob won't be getting much riding time till May... Also i just wanted to see what people thought of my vids..

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A hot chick with nice bewbs might be a nice feature in a video...looking more for onboard bike footage though. Yeah we are gonna pick the 5 best videos from here and then narrow it down to one to go to the finals. Some of the other forums Im on are pretty hyped up over this, there's definitely gonna be some tough competition.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
A hot chick with nice bewbs might be a nice feature in a video...looking more for onboard bike footage though. Yeah we are gonna pick the 5 best videos from here and then narrow it down to one to go to the finals. Some of the other forums Im on are pretty hyped up over this, there's definitely gonna be some tough competition.
Who said there wouldn't be onboard bike footage??? :sing

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
I'll be entering this contest for sure here in about a week or two. My GoPro Wide arrives this Friday, along with my new A* suit and fresh B'stone rubber. Next week is Spring Break so I'll be doing lots of riding and recording to get used to the camera and break in my suit. :toocool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sweet, I'm getting one of those ... too bad I won't have my bike up and going by the end of the contest. Editing vids is part of my day job.

·
Registered
384 Posts
4. Entries need to be posted on youtube and the links pasted in this thread.
5. All entries need to be submitted by April 15th.

I encourage you guys to be as creative as a possible with your videos; cool editing and cool music will definitely earn you points :)
There's a problem with this plan...YouTube will not allow you to upload vids anymore if it has copyrighted music in the background...The last 2 vids I uploaded had the audio disabled due to copyright infringment.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts