Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Box Boy @ Woodcraft
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my GF informs me she has been wanting a bike for the longest time and plans on getting her license and a motorcycle. This is a pretty sick deal, i dig she's into bikes and want to learn and ride one, but in the back of my head im pretty worried about her safety.

There's just so many factors out there that could cause an accident. Anyone with a GF whom started riding? Im sure she will be alright but I still worry.

Either way she wants a 2006-2007 GSX-R........:thumbdown:eek5:screwy

I tried to put a plug for the R6 but her reasoning..'the GSX-R just LOOKS BETTER!' :sing

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
thats pretty cool man, just tell her to be safe while riding.... and 07 gsxr are nice all around bikes, i dont know why people hate the gsxr more than the actual rider?!

·
2,121 Posts
thats pretty cool man, just tell her to be safe while riding.... and 07 gsxr are nice all around bikes, i dont know why people hate the gsxr more than the actual rider?!
Because in the end people are more likley to hate a group than individual. Im hated on just because I ride a bike. I dont gun it every where I go or do wheelies so why am I hated, for the pure fact others act dumb. As far as brands its like Chevy guys hate Fords and so on and so fourth. To the OP its awesome your girl is wanting to ride. Dosent matter what as long as she has the proper gear and training.

Good luck! Id be worried to lol ( cause women are already bad drivers :sing ...See the group thing)

·
Box Boy @ Woodcraft
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its the rider i think more. but i do have a friend or two who rides them and they arent the stereotypical douche gixxer riders. so i have no idea. im wicked biased towards yamaha :toocool:

I have a 2007 GSXR600 i'll sell you :D
toooo far :sing

get her a busa... solve all problems haha
she actually wanted a 1000 as her first bike. i had to slap her back to reality.

There is a guy at my Gym, he bought a Ninja 250 2 months ago, Wrecked it 2 weeks ago, and went out and bought a ZX14......
:bash who does this?!

·
Registered
561 Posts
i dont have a gf but im kinda sorta with someone who really wants a bike if that counts...and i know a lot of girls that have been hook ups and thigns that just love bikes

weird that she prefers the gixxer tho. i've got 3 friends with gixxer's and every girl we've had around them, including their girlfriends, always say they like mine better than their suzuki's....

interesting side not also.. i know a girl who works in a sushi house and she informed me that the word "suzuki" in japanese means "sea bass"....so our roads are flooded with sea bass

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
My gf rides. Scares me sometimes.

We broke up just after she started riding.. she had a pretty big stack in one of my race lids. I was devastated. Swore never to ever let another gf get into riding (At least not actively encourage them).

Back with the original chick now. she's a better rider but still worries me sometimes. Taking her out to the track in December to show her a few lines.. hopefully that'll help.

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
I want my wife to start riding, if that counts... I'll give her my r6 so I can get me an R1... Is that bad?:sing

Then I'll have the best of both worlds...:toocool:

I almost had her get a new EVO 10 too so I can ride it from time to time... Then she was like no I want an SUV so I can start rescuing dogs... (Damn animal lovers)....:yell

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
Because in the end people are more likley to hate a group than individual. Im hated on just because I ride a bike. I dont gun it every where I go or do wheelies so why am I hated, for the pure fact others act dumb. As far as brands its like Chevy guys hate Fords and so on and so fourth. To the OP its awesome your girl is wanting to ride. Dosent matter what as long as she has the proper gear and training.

Good luck! Id be worried to lol ( cause women are already bad drivers :sing ...See the group thing)
very good point, yes OP im a yamaha person too:toocool:

·
I'm Gonna Victory!
6,448 Posts
Are you on NESR? your screen name is familiar....

In any case my wife currently rides a gixxah, i am trying to change that so her bike is going up/currently for sale, oddly enough its an 07 gsxr 600...

anyway we met through riding and yes it is scary as shit sometimes, but soooo worth it when you get out for a nice long romantic ride and you end up in the middle of no where with some awesome roads....

have her take the msf first to see if she even wants to ride her own bike. the begginner course starts out with smaller bikes, and if you are the NESRian i think you are you know there are plenty of orgs locally that offer the program...

goodluck

·
Registered
67 Posts
rolf if u think of it this is probably the same way she feels when you go out riding... and dude just cause she's a girl dont mean she's any worse than a male new rider.. technically... statistics say that women are actually better riders cause males are more distracted looking at women lol.. but like everyone else that rides a bike, we all get better in time and so shall she..

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
Either way she wants a 2006-2007 GSX-R........:thumbdown:eek5:screwy

I tried to put a plug for the R6 but her reasoning..'the GSX-R just LOOKS BETTER!' :sing
time for a new chick if she wants that but then again she may do wheelies right by you lol

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts

In any case my wife currently rides a gixxah, i am trying to change that so her bike is going up/currently for sale, oddly enough its an 07 gsxr 600...

anyway we met through riding and yes it is scary as shit sometimes, but soooo worth it when you get out for a nice long romantic ride and you end up in the middle of no where with some awesome roads....

have her take the msf first to see if she even wants to ride her own bike. the begginner course starts out with smaller bikes, and if you are the NESRian i think you are you know there are plenty of orgs locally that offer the program...

goodluck
:werd

I am the girlfriend who got into riding because of the boyfriend. I know he worries. But I also know he loves to go on rides with me and definitely loves the track days we go to together.

All the fun things in life are a little dangerous. Would you rather your g/f stay home and knit or something? :thumbdown

:laugh

·
Box Boy @ Woodcraft
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

goodluck
yea im on NESR too. i figure to use the same name just in case :) i know a few of the girls on that forum that ride, i actually rode with some of them and they are pretty good at it...it would be bomb if she did start riding, its just i seen her drive and she drives like a maniac, im a grandma when i drive but its different from when i ride.

i told her first thing to do is get her permit, then take the course in the spring. we can buy her bike in the winter and whatnot - i just hope this isnt a phase and spend so much money on nothing :YEA

she kept saying how she'd buy a Ducati and outdo me. i kind of got sad for a bit :(

:werd

I am the girlfriend who got into riding because of the boyfriend. I know he worries. But I also know he loves to go on rides with me and definitely loves the track days we go to together.

All the fun things in life are a little dangerous. Would you rather your g/f stay home and knit or something? :thumbdown

:laugh
lol of course not be at home and knit something! i love it when she comes riding with me, but i do hate having a passenger. ill just ride with/around/behind her for a little while to make sure she can handle it. she's getting a 600 off the bat...im iffy on this but im sure she can manage.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
It's ok. My gf just out money down on a damn 2011 Ducati 848 Evo! FML!

I have an '03 R6!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts